Jose Perez 2022 Transfer SF 6'5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Perez 2022 Transfer SF 6'5

MAAC POY at Manhattan, he's gone into the portal because they terminated Steve Masiello two weeks before the season. Probably would not be eligible until the semester ends because he can't enroll in classes until then. Andrew Slater is reporting that we've made contact with him. Looks like he's only got one year left due to the Covid extra year.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...528/jose-perez

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Do we have scholarships for 22/23?
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
      Do we have scholarships for 22/23?
      Based on the roster, no we don't. That makes me wonder why we reached out unless he's going to take a year off and be available for 23 as grad.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Based on the roster, no we don't. That makes me wonder why we reached out unless he's going to take a year off and be available for 23 as grad.
        I used to keep tabs on the scholarship situation, but now -- more than ever -- it's not really worth getting too bogged down by the numbers. With the transfer portal, it seems inevitable that most schools will have at least two guys hit the portal. Plus it is hard to figure out when you have four players (Davenport, Oguama, Adams-Woods, Nolley) who are seniors but still have an extra "COVID" year of eligibility left.

With that said, by my count there are four guys gone after this year (super seniors Ezkipe, DeJulius, Phinisee, Newman) and two committed HS seniors (Griffith, James) so there should be at least two more spots, no?

Comment

I may be wrong but I thought in an interview with Newman that he has his super senior left. Yes, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
            I may be wrong but I thought in an interview with Newman that he has his super senior left. Yes, no?
            He said that in an interview before last season. He played three at Clemson. He has since played one at UC, so this is his extra year in 22-23.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

I used to keep tabs on the scholarship situation, but now -- more than ever -- it's not really worth getting too bogged down by the numbers. With the transfer portal, it seems inevitable that most schools will have at least two guys hit the portal. Plus it is hard to figure out when you have four players (Davenport, Oguama, Adams-Woods, Nolley) who are seniors but still have an extra "COVID" year of eligibility left.

With that said, by my count there are four guys gone after this year (super seniors Ezkipe, DeJulius, Phinisee, Newman) and two committed HS seniors (Griffith, James) so there should be at least two more spots, no?
              Your count and the COVID year complications are correct, but this play may be looking to transfer and begin playing in Jan because his coach was fired a couple weeks ago. If that were to be true, we'd need an open scholly for 22/23 before those senior departures.
              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Your count and the COVID year complications are correct, but this play may be looking to transfer and begin playing in Jan because his coach was fired a couple weeks ago. If that were to be true, we'd need an open scholly for 22/23 before those senior departures.
                Oh, yes, of course -- feel silly for overlooking that obvious detail, but at least I now have mentally figured out where things stand for next year.

Also, this kid has been contacted by dozens of schools so I don't have any reason to believe UC is going to be in the mix unless there is some close connection that we do not know about.

Comment

West Virginia

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X