Mika Adams-Woods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mika Adams-Woods

MAW is not getting enough attention for this stat. He's leading the country with a 5.33:1 Assist to Turnover Ratio. Second place is Tyger Campbell at 4.21 so it's not really all that close.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Great post. I think he deserves a lot more credit than he gets on here.

Comment

Originally posted by John P View Post
      Great post. I think he deserves a lot more credit than he gets on here.
      He's falling into that Caupain, Jenifer territory at the PG spot. His numbers this season are better in that regard and both of those guys were in the 4.0 territory.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

And he seems to have found his shot after struggling very badly earlier in the season.

Comment

Great observation that's been stated before but definitely needs to be restated. On a team that's notorious thus far for giving away empty possessions he stands out as one who cherishes the ball.. And it was not so much early on but has recently become more noticeable is his free throw shooting. I would aver that he his our best free throw shooter.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
            Great observation that's been stated before but definitely needs to be restated. On a team that's notorious thus far for giving away empty possessions he stands out as one who cherishes the ball.. And it was not so much early on but has recently become more noticeable is his free throw shooting. I would aver that he his our best free throw shooter.
            I agree about his FT shooting. So why is he always throwing the ball in at the wire when the other team is expected to foul? Don’t we want him at the line?

Comment

MAW's shot in beginning was a shot put flat ball, he is finally getting some arc underneath his shot, his assist to to is great but as a team our turnover rate isnt no where as bad as you would expect after watching our games. I would say all year were in the 10 to 12 a game and that's actually pretty good. Hopefully his confidence is high especially after the memphis game. Very steady player who I think is becoming a tad more aggresive, and we all have asked for that.

Comment

Originally posted by steveedwards View Post

I agree about his FT shooting. So why is he always throwing the ball in at the wire when the other team is expected to foul? Don’t we want him at the line?
                I think mainly because he makes good decisions with ball and not quite athletic enough to get himself open to get the ball, the most dangerous player in an out of bounds situation is the guy throwing it in so maybe that's why.

Comment

I do. And I'm wondering the exact same thing. I've also noticed that DDJ and MS has never brought the ball inbounds even when they're both in at the same time. JD does quite bit and MAW does a bunch also. IMHO, Im thinking this is a by product of the selfishness that we're slowly seeing dissipate from this team. So were seeing DDJ designated as the shot taker at the line, at crunch time. Weather its CWM calling it or DDJ is anybody's guess.

Comment

Originally posted by steveedwards View Post

I find this a little humorous because last year I was in attendance at a game and a Dept. staff member openly criticized JB for having MAW inbound the ball at the end of the game. The group I was with all agreed that this was a dumb thing to do and that it made no sense at all. So fast forward to this year and it's continued under CWM. Now we know the reason, He's the guy who doesn't turn the ball over or panic on the inbounds passes during late game situations.

You would in fact want him at the line but sometimes getting the ball inbounds is harder than the foul shots? If you don't get the ball inbounds or turn it over, you get no free throws at all so I guess statistics favor you hitting one or both free throws rather than attempting zero?
                    Last edited by Lobot; 01-18-2022, 10:36 AM.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Having said this, MAW almost threw the ball away on his inbounds end of the game against Wichita. The loose ball fortunately bounced to DD.
                      Typically you want some height throwing the ball in and not one of your small guards. MAW has 3-4 inches on DD or MS plus he is a lot longer.
                      The best play is where the inbounds receiver immediately gives the hot potato right back to the inbounder. Best of both worlds then.
                      MAW is a cool customer and has been very steady for 2 years now. He doesn't take as many chances nor is he as flashy so he can go unnoticed, but his play allows others to do their thing, plus hes a darn good rebounding guard.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X