No announcement yet.

Landers Nolley II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope Landers gets a good evaluation. He can be a great player, though not sure he's shown it consistently enough. If he stays in the draft, I hope it means first round. He's got that 1st round talent, but may learn what he needs to show scouts for next year. Eitherway, let's wish what is best for Landers, not us as fans.
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Landers has announced that he is signing with an agent and staying in the draft.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        Landers has announced that he is signing with an agent and staying in the draft.
        As I recall, if the agent is certified by the NCAA, he still has the option to return. I don't remember the deadline to return to school, but if he doesn't shine at Portsmouth might he still return. I don't think he will, but a little clarity would help.

Comment

Best of luck to Nolley in the draft and thanks for his contributions to Bearcat basketball. Time to move on and fill the open spots with some of the contacts they've made in the portal. I'm anxiously awaiting the news of a key signing that can fill the void.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

As I recall, if the agent is certified by the NCAA, he still has the option to return. I don't remember the deadline to return to school, but if he doesn't shine at Portsmouth might he still return. I don't think he will, but a little clarity would help.
            Based on this, he’s not coming back.

https://twitter.com/nolleylanders/st...Vejy7i9nQSL1ug
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

That will free up some NIL money. See how quickly that dilemma was solved!

Comment

Good luck to Landers -- as Justin Williams said: "The good news for the #Bearcats is that Nolley making an early decision to stay in the NBA Draft gives Cincinnati ample opportunity to find a replacement (or multiple) in the portal as opposed to him holding out until closer to the withdrawal deadline with less options available."

Comment

Here's William's article on it: ($)

https://theathletic.com/4390920/2023...ley-nba-draft/
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

@DraftDeeper:

Current favorite 2nd round 2023 NBA Draft Targets/Sleepers/Potential UDFA:
                    - Seth Lundy
                    - Jalen Pickett
                    - Landers Nolley II
                    - Jaylen Forbes
                    - Anton Watson
                    - D'Moi Hodge

All of these guys are absolutely draftable in the 2nd round.

https://twitter.com/DraftDeeper/stat...61483107328001

Comment

I guess Landers decided not to play in the PIT . He's not in the stats or rosters anymore.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

If I recall correctly, Logan was the number one pick in the second round and hardly make a dent. I saw some interviews with him and he is a class act but a second round does not mean anything.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                          If I recall correctly, Logan was the number one pick in the second round and hardly make a dent. I saw some interviews with him and he is a class act but a second round does not mean anything.
                          If memory serves, Logan and his agent held out for a guaranteed contract from the Warriors and didn't get it. The whole thing soured his relationship with teams and he went unsigned.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

If memory serves, Logan and his agent held out for a guaranteed contract from the Warriors and didn't get it. The whole thing soured his relationship with teams and he went unsigned.
                            Your memory serves you well; that's exactly what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post

Your memory serves you well; that's exactly what happened.
                              Just goes to show you that even after four years of college one doesn't always think through or have the ability to think through the advice given. Perhaps we listen to flattery of our inflated worth or an agent takes a gamble to increase their commission. It was a shame as I understand the need for money to a youth. Steve was a very good player who worked hard to get in shape and learn the game. Sadly, we can't undo our past. He did leave UC with a college education and a good name in the community. That is a heck of a start that many don't have.

Comment

“Cincinnati’s Landers Nolley II has completed pre-draft workouts with the Boston Celtics and the Dallas Mavericks, a source told @Stockrisers. Will workout for the Charlotte Hornets on Friday. First-Team All-AAC, averaged 16.8 points on 44.8/41.7.”

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X