Landers Nolley II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landers Nolley II

Nolley has been cleared by the NCAA for 22-23 per Jon Rothstein. This was his second transfer so he had to go through the waiver deal.

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...47341087547392
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Great news

Comment

Whatever became of him needing a class to graduate? Does this mean he completed that?

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
        Whatever became of him needing a class to graduate? Does this mean he completed that?
        I'm assuming he completed it. It was remote classes and he's in town for conditioning.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Nolley's eligibility confirmed by UC... also confirmed that Abdul Ado will serve as a graduate assistant this season
          https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ti/7811706001/

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
            If you believe Chad Brendel over some rando nameless twitter account, there was never a problem to begin with here. Fabricated rumor by NC State people, who didn't land him in the portal.
            Last edited by Lobot; 07-06-2022, 07:55 AM.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Generally you know what you have about this point in the season. We know DeJulius will find a way to score. Davenport is hit or miss depending on the game. Hard hitting analysis here but when Landers Nolley has a good game offensively, we generally win. The exception was the Arizona game where he scored in bunches and they were just better than we were.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ders-nolley-ii
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

^^There has been a couple of games where he did not show up at all.

Comment

​​​​​​He seems to shrink or disappear depending on how JD's playing. I have observed that when JD begins to take control of the scoring, which usually means he's going shoot as soon as he gets the ball, then it takes away all ball movement ergo, no passes to DDJ or to Nolley.

These three players in particular need to learn how to set each other up for high percentage shots, learn to play together. I'm not a statistician but I would venture a guess that JD's assists are the lowest out of all the normal starters. If these three could learn to play team bball there's no reason we couldn't have 5 or even 6 players in high double figures in scoring each ball game.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post

​​​​​​He seems to shrink or disappear depending on how JD's playing. I have observed that when JD begins to take control of the scoring, which usually means he's going shoot as soon as he gets the ball, then it takes away all ball movement ergo, no passes to DDJ or to Nolley.

These three players in particular need to learn how to set each other up for high percentage shots, learn to play together. I'm not a statistician but I would venture a guess that JD's assists are the lowest out of all the normal starters. If these three could learn to play team bball there's no reason we couldn't have 5 or even 6 players in high double figures in scoring each ball game.
                    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...tats/_/id/2132

Davenport and Nolley are about equal on the apg line. The "winner" here is Lakhin
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

A CBS Sports article has Nolley as the #8 transfer. Now I don't believe his impact has been big as Souley Boum (#9) but I'll take it.
                      https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...t-new-schools/

Comment

Scott Springer wrote a nice feature on Landers Nolley. It may be paywalled ($)

One of the best UC basketball-related articles from the Enquirer in years. Also much longer than you typically see these days from the Enquirer/Cincinnati.com:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...e/69837727007/

Comment

Scott Springer has always been a great writer & covered the Bearcats extremely well. I'm glad he's back as our beat writer.
                          Hopefully Landers stays another year as we transition into the Big 12.

Comment

Wouldn't mind having this guy back at all next yr. Look forward to seeing what he does next game. Looks as if his confidence is peaking at the right time. Jelling into the offense without taking shots away from other scoring options seems to have slowed his process. I like his game and seems to be able to handle #1 scoring option role.

Comment

UC record for best 3-point shooting % in a season
                              .476 Roger McClendon (168 attempts)
                              .444 Justin Jenifer (135)
                              .438 Steve Sanders (121)
                              .437 Field Williams (206)
                              .431 Field Williams (137)

Landers Nolley currently at 45.5% on 132 attempts

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...