Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bearcatbret
    replied
    I am not a fan of the NIT but it would give the seniors an opportunity to continue playing their senior season. Also, it will give the rest of the team a chance to keep practicing and playing with the hopes of improvement for next year.

Leave a comment:

• Carthage World
    replied
    At this point, we're playing for 1) the best seeding possible in the AAC tournament (ideally a #2 or #3 seed), and if we don't win the tournament, we're playing for 2) a NIT berth

There were 21 NIT at-large bids last season. Here is the final NET ranking of every 2022 at-large team:

#36 - Texas A&M
    #37 - Xavier
    #39 - Oklahoma
    #42 - Wake Forest
    #52 - Dayton
    #53 - SMU
    #54 - Washington State
    #57 - VCU
    #59 - BYU
    #60 - Mississippi State
    #61 - Florida
    #62 - Vanderbilt
    #65 - Utah State
    #66 - St Louis
    #68 - Virginia
    #70 - Santa Clara
    #72 - Missouri State
    #74 - Colorado
    #75 - St Bonaventure
    #76 - Oregon
    #79 - Belmont

If we continue to trend in the direction that we're going, I'm confident we can make the NIT.

Leave a comment:

• bearcated
    replied
    UC only has 3 more chances at Quad 1 wins. @Houston, @UCF and @Memphis. That's it. Lacking any signature wins I don't see how they make the NCAA unless they somehow win the league tourney. Good luck with that.

Currently Lunardi has 2 from the American in (Houston and Memphis). UC is going to have to start a serious run to have any shot at all.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Just in looking at Today's net (83) . We're 0-4 in quad 1, haven't played a quad 2 and have 2 losses in quad 3. 8-0 in Quad 4

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    I don't think USF is going to be an easy one despite what we generally think
    Last edited by Lobot; 01-12-2023, 06:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    The next two opponents are SMU (215) and USF (184), which both slot in as potential Quad 3 road wins -- or, alternatively, Quad 3 losses.

Take care of these two/avoid bad losses, and then you get Memphis (54) as a Quad 2 home win opportunity.

Win all three before heading to #1 Houston and you're at 15-6 and angling towards an NIT bid at least. Last year's NIT field comprised of several teams in the 70s (and as high as Texas A&M and X in the 30s).

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X