Viktor Lakhin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viktor Lakhin

I somehow missed this last week but Vik did an interview with Justin WIlliams:

https://theathletic.com/4125477/2023...ti-basketball/
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Big Vik has really improved. Is it my imagination or has he gotten much better at defending really well without fouling?

Comment

The fouls have definitely decreased. But your right he has a better overall presence around the rim. I hope he continues to improve but I hope the team realizes that the offense needs to go through him. Let him score but more importantly get the other team to obtain fouls trying to guard him. We still take too many treys with time left on the clock.

Comment

New look now with the buzz cut and headband.

Comment

I saw somewhere recently that CWM wants Vik to work on moving to become more of a PF than C for the future. If UC can land either Bidunga or Cyril, Vik could pair with which ever signs here.

Comment

Vik is gonna excel with another threat down low, for sure. Great body control and footwork for a big. Prime time to pick up another talented Big. That freshman Tolentino, probably just needs some more weight to be effective but he looked promising from the recruiting video I saw.

the stronger Vik the Swiss gets, the more of a force. "More Cowbell" gotta feed this man more

Comment

I thought yesterday's game was Vik's best as a Bearcat. He's come a long way. He let the game come to him, and was much more patient on both ends of the court. HIs confidence level has grown tremendously during the season and is world's away from last year. He's now comfortable knowing what to do when he's doubled, and is patient when he has single coverage to use his size and agility. He got 20/8/3 yesterday in the normal course of the game, most of it coming in the second half. It's going to be an interesting stretch run. Not sure if the short haircut and headband are a symbol of him being comfortable in the US game or not, but it's fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                I thought yesterday's game was Vik's best as a Bearcat. He's come a long way. He let the game come to him, and was much more patient on both ends of the court. HIs confidence level has grown tremendously during the season and is world's away from last year. He's now comfortable knowing what to do when he's doubled, and is patient when he has single coverage to use his size and agility. He got 20/8/3 yesterday in the normal course of the game, most of it coming in the second half. It's going to be an interesting stretch run. Not sure if the short haircut and headband are a symbol of him being comfortable in the US game or not, but it's fun to watch.
                Wow! Echoing my thoughts exactly, especially about letting the game come to him. Now, if the other 4 on the floor can figure out how to feed it to him that will open them up for perimeter shots. I’m actually encouraged by what I saw yesterday. The rest of this season could be quite enjoyable.

Comment

Nelson on 700 has been saying that Vic is open the whole game and that the team just does not feed him.

Comment

Originally posted by RecNizeRealBCat View Post
                    Vik is gonna excel with another threat down low, for sure. Great body control and footwork for a big. Prime time to pick up another talented Big. That freshman Tolentino, probably just needs some more weight to be effective but he looked promising from the recruiting video I saw.

the stronger Vik the Swiss gets, the more of a force. "More Cowbell" gotta feed this man more
                    Please stop with the Vic the Swiss. If you're trying to get a nickname started, it isn't working. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

Please stop with the Vic the Swiss. If you're trying to get a nickname started, it isn't working. LOL
                      No no Swiss? Why man I think it's pretty cool. You got something better because somebody gotta give the guy something. I'm just calling in his greatness before it pops

Comment

Originally posted by RecNizeRealBCat View Post

No no Swiss? Why man I think it's pretty cool. You got something better because somebody gotta give the guy something. I'm just calling in his greatness before it pops
                        People do not like it. First off, he isn't Swiss. Nobody understands the Swiss knife thing. It's not cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

People do not like it. First off, he isn't Swiss. Nobody understands the Swiss knife thing. It's not cool.
                          You no cool? Yeah alright. I'm going to call it how I feel. You don't like it, kick a rock or something. What we out here voting? The committee haha

Comment

Most improved player on the team and getting better with every game.

Comment

I like to go back to Rocky IV with Ivan Drago. With Drago saying "I must break you". That is how Vic is playing right now.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X