Tarleton State 12/1 7:00 ESPN+
Collapse
X
-
If you want to look for something positive... at least noone is poaching our coaches! -
I don't know how Miller is going to overcome horrendous loss to EMU considering what his track record has been over the past 4 seasons. It is exasperating to watch his teams always fall short in big games especially with the number of opportunities he gets in the Big 12 and how often he is clearly outcoached. There is no structure, no composure and no consequences for poor play. I don't know how it gets better.
Leave a comment:
-
I did not like the Miller hiring at all. Schools around the country were all turned on by him because he had the most wins of any coach under 40 years of age. However, to me, his career defensive numbers were not good enough for Cincinnati and the school's defensive heritage. Miller coached in the Southern Conference, which is on the lower end of the mid-major conferences. I figure a good defensive coach should be able to dominate in a conference like the Southern Conference if he is really good. Miller's teams gave up a lot of points and as I understand it, through this blog, his offenses were never that good either.
Here is the thing that really stands out to me concerning Miller and the SoCon. It took Miller about 5 or 6 seasons to start to really win games in the SoCon. Why did it take so long to win games in that conference? Was that a tell-tell sign?
Nevertheless, Miller is the current coach. I am rooting for him. I also wish that there is some way that he can guide the team to a deep run in the NCAAs. On the other hand, that loss to EMU was a very bad loss (Q4). By the way, EMU was beaten last night by Butler by 16 points.
The EMU loss made Miller's bargaining position a lot worse. With each additional loss, the drumbeat for Miller's ousting will get louder.Last edited by leeraymond372@gmail.com; 12-03-2025, 10:58 AM.Leave a comment:
-
I too was pleased with the Hiring of Miller. But after seeing him in action over these last four years and especially after the complete fail to hat was last season I'm not seeing an X victory and certainly I'm not seeing is making any noise in the conference and into the tourney. I really hate to say this but it is how I'm seeing things.Leave a comment:
-
compared to the cronin regime, which was like a trip to the dentist for a root canal, and the brannon regime, which i still can't figure out, the hiring of wes miller did seem like a new, brighter day for uc bball. ****, roy williams was schilling for him. but, the bloom is surely off of the rose, and what we have now looks more like the fertilizer, than the rose.Leave a comment:
-
Sadly, I have to agree. I remember being super excited with the hire (it seemed all the pundits were giving UC an A+ at the time), and I want to believe in Wes as much as anyone. But alas, I'm just not seeing it.
Then again, I will be singing an entirely different tune if he finds a way to win Friday night. You know what they say: "Just win, and all is forgiven". Hahaha.Leave a comment:
-
it's only going to get worse - i just don't think wes is capable of coaching at this levelI was at the game and the crowd was absolutely lifeless. The concourse was like a ghost town. There were boos at the end of the first half but when Miller came back for the second they had the band fire up some songs so no one could hear the boos. Then they sent guys up in the stands to tell all of us that we could move down to the empty student section. I suppose to make it look better on TV. I have been a season ticket holder since the 5/3 Reno and that was the worst atmosphere I have seen. I told myself at the season's start to be positive but they are really testing me!Leave a comment:
-
that;s funny - mr. logan's beard is about as white as mine (ie, he's not exactly a soring chicken anymore)
Was listening to Dan Hoard on the drive in this morning. He said Steve Logan was still playing the last time UC won in the Cintas Center. Holy smokes, that's a long time! I myself didn't realize the drought was so lengthy.
That said, I too hope these guys rise to the occasion and show up completely transformed Friday night.
But with what we've seen so far this young season, I'm not holding my breath.
Go Cats. Beat Eggsavier (PLEASE!!).Leave a comment:
-
I was at the game and the crowd was absolutely lifeless. The concourse was like a ghost town. There were boos at the end of the first half but when Miller came back for the second they had the band fire up some songs so no one could hear the boos. Then they sent guys up in the stands to tell all of us that we could move down to the empty student section. I suppose to make it look better on TV. I have been a season ticket holder since the 5/3 Reno and that was the worst atmosphere I have seen. I told myself at the season's start to be positive but they are really testing me!Leave a comment:
-
Great news to hear that James is still working at his game. It is also good that the program still sees value in him. I hope that James can overcome whatever problem that he has and continues his career as a Bearcat.From Keegan Nickoson:
Wes Miller says Jizzle James has always been enrolled at UC. He's been using UC's facilities for a couple of weeks.
Miller would not comment on his official status with the team. #Bearcats
"That's my family. Whatever is the closest without being blood-related. He's doing great."Leave a comment:
-
I would like to see Jizzle back in a Bearcats Uniform! Hopefully he is getting his lofe back on track.Leave a comment:
-
Was listening to Dan Hoard on the drive in this morning. He said Steve Logan was still playing the last time UC won in the Cintas Center. Holy smokes, that's a long time! I myself didn't realize the drought was so lengthy.
Terry said last night that the ball has to go through BaBa and it isn't. He has to be the focus as we have point guards who are not playmakers. I agree they are shooters and while they hit against an over matched TSU, what will they do against a fresh team that runs with them. TSU kept it close until tiring. The thing is that the last 10 minutes the shots even against a tired team were not falling. Here is a tragic fact. In the last two games against weak teams two of our big men - Thiam and Tyler - had a total of six points between them. This usually won't win games. My hope is somehow they will rise and beat an Xavier team that is also not overly performing.
That said, I too hope these guys rise to the occasion and show up completely transformed Friday night.
But with what we've seen so far this young season, I'm not holding my breath.
Go Cats. Beat Eggsavier (PLEASE!!).Leave a comment:
-
Terry said last night that the ball has to go through BaBa and it isn't. He has to be the focus as we have point guards who are not playmakers. I agree they are shooters and while they hit against an over matched TSU, what will they do against a fresh team that runs with them. TSU kept it close until tiring. The thing is that the last 10 minutes the shots even against a tired team were not falling. Here is a tragic fact. In the last two games against weak teams two of our big men - Thiam and Tyler - had a total of six points between them. This usually won't win games. My hope is somehow they will rise and beat an Xavier team that is also not overly performing.Somebody in an earlier post mentioned that the older guys stepped up in last nights game / 2nd half. And the lack of "leadership" is an effect of today's atmosphere of so much roster turnover. But I see other coaches overcoming this problem and wonder why Miller can't? Instead of relying so much on his "prized recruits or his favorites for scoring, he should play his experienced players more. Those who have extensive experience should be able to comprehend the fundamentals more do than raw recruits who have only been taught to shoot. When our rookie shooters are only launching rockets that never land they are taking the ball out of the hands of those that can possibly create a shot for others. Instead we see whoever the five are out on the court in hurry up mode all trying to get their "average" and end up focusing less on the team. Miller or whoever it is that is promising these recruits playing time along with their NIL money needs to stop this. This is not the complete fix by any means but it would be a huge start. What say you all?Leave a comment:
-
NET jumped 20 spots from #154 to #134 with the win.
Xavier beat St Francis by 22 and dropped 12 spots from #102 to #114.Leave a comment:
-
Somebody in an earlier post mentioned that the older guys stepped up in last nights game / 2nd half. And the lack of "leadership" is an effect of today's atmosphere of so much roster turnover. But I see other coaches overcoming this problem and wonder why Miller can't? Instead of relying so much on his "prized recruits or his favorites for scoring, he should play his experienced players more. Those who have extensive experience should be able to comprehend the fundamentals more do than raw recruits who have only been taught to shoot. When our rookie shooters are only launching rockets that never land they are taking the ball out of the hands of those that can possibly create a shot for others. Instead we see whoever the five are out on the court in hurry up mode all trying to get their "average" and end up focusing less on the team. Miller or whoever it is that is promising these recruits playing time along with their NIL money needs to stop this. This is not the complete fix by any means but it would be a huge start. What say you all?Leave a comment:
Responsive Ad Widget
Collapse
Leave a comment: