Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Big East Expansion Change Recruiting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Big East Expansion Change Recruiting?

I don't know about football, but maybe we can find another Jason Maxiell, Kenyon Martin or Nick Van Exel in Texas. In the past, we had great success in finding basketball players there.

http://ucf.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1338104

Of course it will. If the BE loses its AQ, the football recruiting will take a huge hit. In football, as long as we hold on to the AQ, we could become the best option for players in the region who aren't going to start at OSU or UM. Do you want to play for a middle tier B10 team or for a team that will win championships and go to BCS games. (A recruiting position similar to the one we had in BB in C-USA). While the new markets might bring in a few opportunities, I think BK was right - we can find every player we need within 100 miles of UC.

In basketball, with SU, Pitt and WVU leaving, you have to believe we will be able to recruit NYC better. Do you want to play at MSG or in Charlotte? NYC players are going to be looking at us, U of L, and UConn.

Comment

The Big East will not lose its AQ status. Getting into the Texas area, and expanding the Florida area will only help recruiting. Success on the field helps a lot too. While you may be able to find every player you need within 100 miles of Cincinnati, most of those players do not want to be a part of the University, some people do not want to accept that. Jones seems capable of going out of this region and getting talented kids that actually want to come here. Imagine what he can do now that he has a Big East trophy, on field success, and access to a Texas market...
      In loving memory, I will be a fan for both of us.
      Cody- Oct 25th 1987 to Jan 1st 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by cmm27 View Post
        The Big East will not lose its AQ status.
        It may. BUT at the same time - there may not be any AQ status for anyone in the future. If the plus one system is developed, the AQ status is irrelevant.
        In turn, recruiting could be hindered as it would all come down to the traditional power schools taking whoever they want (as usual)... then again, it might not matter - who knows what will happen. Hopefully, Coach Jones will turn UC into a school where some of the top football recruits want to come - maybe not the very cream of the crop, but good talent none the less - and IF that starts, it's hard to stop, AQ or not. The coach needs to be a good salesman, I think think CBJ is doing alright so far.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X