I still think the ACC may be the safest bet for us if invited. Sure, they may lose GT and UVA, mayve FSU & Clemson, but I could see the B12 getting poached (Texas, TT, OSU, OU) by either the B1G or PAC12 and if the B1G goes after Kansas, then KSU, ISU, Baylor and TCU are screwed.
Just my $0.02. Mr. Toad's (Delaney) Wild Ride is far from over.
More Big Ten movement?
Collapse
X
-
To no one's surprise, I would guess, the B1G is looking over the landscape to the South and East for further partners (& possibly Midwest, but don't get your hopes up). They could get eventually to 20 teams:
Leave a comment:
-
-
-
-
Advertising dollars depend on eyes watching.I think BTN is already on most cable and satellite systems in the area so they already have the penetration into this market. If I have TWC, I'm already paying for it. They could probably care less if I watch it. As long as I'm paying for it, they're good.
They are seeking new markets like ATL with GT or getting a near monopoly on DC with UVA (and MD) and getting BTN on their basic/standard tier of programming. Say they are getting $0.33 per month per subscriber which is $4.00 per year times say 2.5M subscribers in those markets each. Those are conservative numbers, but that's an additional $20M/year in cable rights fees for BTN minimum.
While you are right about the box being important to TWC, the amount of huge advertising will always be dependent on viewership.Leave a comment:
-
that's the primary driving force for expansion correct, but as we found out with lvl and the acc, 25k is a threshold which makes you the fat girl in the room. don't believe it doesn't' have some bearing.Leave a comment:
-
I think BTN is already on most cable and satellite systems in the area so they already have the penetration into this market. If I have TWC, I'm already paying for it. They could probably care less if I watch it. As long as I'm paying for it, they're good.
They are seeking new markets like ATL with GT or getting a near monopoly on DC with UVA (and MD) and getting BTN on their basic/standard tier of programming. Say they are getting $0.33 per month per subscriber which is $4.00 per year times say 2.5M subscribers in those markets each. Those are conservative numbers, but that's an additional $20M/year in cable rights fees for BTN minimum.Last edited by RedRocker; 12-12-2012, 04:45 PM.Leave a comment:
-
We wouldn't bring more access to the BTN but we would open the door to many more eyes.Leave a comment:
-
-
Why is no one asking for the Big 10 to take us on.
I have always said that our best fit is in that conference.
With the mees that is conference restructuring, anything can happen.
Whit...get us in the Big 10!Leave a comment:
-
-
valid points.. I mostly agree. I am basing most of my own opinion on the rumors that 2 more ACC teams are on the verge of leaving the ACC along with the idea that there are still yet others FSU and Clemson who also are in the rumor mill of schools wanting out of the ACC. ACC just seems far more unstable than the Big 12... at the time being.I think it is safe to say that there are 3 leagues, for a variety of factors, that are "secure": B1G, PAC-whatever, and SEC.
I also think it is safe to say the BE is a sinking ship.
I also believe only one of these two survive long-term: BIG12 or ACC
I could make a good argument as to why either of those leagues will crumble or survive. If Texas loses interest and the PAC-whatever decides to expand again, I think the BIG12 is done. If the BIG12 gets aggressive, then I agree that the ACC is the likely target.Leave a comment:
Responsive Ad Widget
Collapse

It's available.
Leave a comment: