Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Big Ten commissioner Kevin Warren gives new Big 12 commissioner Brett Yormark an endorsement when answering a question about CFP expansion. “Brett is a marketing wizard. Very innovative.”

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    This is a long read but if you stick with it, the author summarizes why ND with the Big 12 (and Stanford) makes sense. How the Big 12 Can Get Creative With Notre Dame and NBC (heartlandcollegesports.com)

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Houston is dreaming big. If their dreams come true, so will UC's.
    UH can be in superconference if Big 12 poaches well (houstonchronicle.com)

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    [Deleted some quotes from Big 12 media day, moved them to a previously created thread about media day]
    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 07-13-2022, 11:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Nothing like setting high expectations. Paul Finebaum assesses if Big 12 commissioner will comment on Pac-12 (on3.com)

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Max Olson: Texas Tech is planning to announce a $200 million investment in its football facilities tonight, sources tell @TheAthletic. Project will get underway at the end of this football season.

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    Originally posted by Black and Red Attack View Post
    I haven't read this entire thread. With the move to the new conference are there plans to bring back Men's soccer? i thought this was related to budget issues and nothing else, but I wasn't sure if anyone knows anything. Also I saw that Big XII also has equestrian and gymnastics and wasn't sure if Cincinnati planned to add any sports. I know that D1 requires at least 14 varsity sports. We currently sit at 16 I believe.
    On a few occasions, I've heard John Cunningham say that they approached the B12 to ask if UC needed to add programs. The answer was no, and Cunningham said there are no plans to do so at this time.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    My understanding of the soccer cut was that it was not just budget related. There are a lot of mens’ college soccer programs that are disappearing around the country.

One of the reasons is that the United States has finally figured out a proper professional minor league system for soccer. This fact is dropping the amount and quality of available players to college programs.

Then you have figure in Title IX. UC could probably restart the program but we’d have to add something like women’s softball to make it work and stay in compliance. Honestly I’m not sure why UC doesn’t have softball. There are a number of good HS fast pitch programs in the area.

Leave a comment:

• Black and Red Attack
    replied
    I haven't read this entire thread. With the move to the new conference are there plans to bring back Men's soccer? i thought this was related to budget issues and nothing else, but I wasn't sure if anyone knows anything. Also I saw that Big XII also has equestrian and gymnastics and wasn't sure if Cincinnati planned to add any sports. I know that D1 requires at least 14 varsity sports. We currently sit at 16 I believe.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Big 12 media days will be July 13 and 14

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    The same guy that wrote the previews of UC, BYU, and Houston has come up with the UCF write-up.
    59 Days Until Kansas Football: Big 12 Expansion Primer – UCF (msn.com)

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Here's a big profile of Yormark from the Athletic nationalwriters. ($)

https://theathletic.com/3390921/2022...ner-rocnation/

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
    You can't go wrong with a guy named Brett even if he spells it incorrectly.
    You both spell it incorrectly. There's an N.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Yormark announcement from Irving.

https://big12sports.com/news/2022/6/...missioner.aspx

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    The same guy who did a primer on UC and Houston joining the Big 12, here is his take on BYU. 66 Days Until Kansas Football: Big 12 Expansion Primer – BYU Cougars - Blue Wings Rising

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X