No announcement yet.

Welcome to the Big XII

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a nice read. The new Big 12 will be better for you (msn.com) Why this is good for college football fans......

Comment

Behind the scenes and continued backstories or other interesting news:

Pac-12 considered adding 1 Big 12 team and 1 AAC team prior to their Aug 26th announce to not expand "at this time"
      https://www.star-telegram.com/sports...254113023.html (may be $$ article, I had at least one more free preview)

Cunningham deserves the vast majority of the credit:
      https://theathletic.com/2823431/2021.../?redirected=1 ($pay article)

Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Higher Exit fee and get out of town.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...igher-exit-fee
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          Higher Exit fee and get out of town.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...igher-exit-fee
          I wonder if EPSN is pushing this not only to get teh Big 12 up and running but to get Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC. I still wonder if we will ever find out the extent of ESPN meddling in this round of realignment.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

I wonder if EPSN is pushing this not only to get teh Big 12 up and running but to get Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC. I still wonder if we will ever find out the extent of ESPN meddling in this round of realignment.
            ESPN is 100% behind all of this, but it will never be proven in court or otherwise. Their level of interference to increase their profitability will not result in awards to those left behind, either the Big 12 8 or the AAC remnants.

I'm not old enough to remember it, but I think this is like when the ABA and the NBA were competing and the ABA lost.

Comment

It's a possibility we might because a Congressman from Kansas is going to investigate the whole mess with ESPN.

I think it's in everyone's best interest to move on and get settled elsewhere as soon as possible and get all the shuffling over with.
              Last edited by Lobot; 09-15-2021, 12:07 PM.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Matt Brown Did an open records request on our application for the conference and apparently this is what we sent them.

https://twitter.com/mattbrownep/stat...431604229?s=21
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                  Matt Brown Did an open records request on our application for the conference and apparently this is what we sent them.

https://twitter.com/mattbrownep/stat...431604229?s=21
                  The request for "full" membership is intrigueing to me rather than the briefness of the note.

Comment

Everyone has an opinion. I would prefer to join early as in 2022 and UT and OU stay for 4 years. However, this auther believes that the longhorns and sooners depart after this season.
                    Guerin Emig: Mike Gundy's, Lincoln Riley's conflicting Big 12 expansion comments show need for OSU, OU to separate by 2023 | OSU Sports Extra | tulsaworld.com

Comment

Everyone has an opinion. I would prefer to join early as in 2022 and UT and OU stay for 4 years. However, this auther believes that the longhorns and sooners depart after this season.
                      Guerin Emig: Mike Gundy's, Lincoln Riley's conflicting Big 12 expansion comments show need for OSU, OU to separate by 2023 | OSU Sports Extra | tulsaworld.com
                      I think that author is correct
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

We've played OU. I don't have interest in rushing into anything with UT. Maybe we can get an OOC UT series in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
                          We've played OU. I don't have interest in rushing into anything with UT. Maybe we can get an OOC UT series in the future.
                          With us going into the Big XII, we should only play home & away series with other P5 teams. No more one & done at the opponents venue.

Comment

When it comes to college sports especially football we all know money is the big motivator so I believe everyone settles thier buyout and in place to compete in the 2022 year.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post

When it comes to college sports especially football we all know money is the big motivator so I believe everyone settles thier buyout and in place to compete in the 2022 year.
                              2023 is more likely. In Coffee with Cunningham this morning, he said they are hoping 2023 will happen instead of 2024. I"m paraphrasing exact wording, he said 22 was unrealistic.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post

With us going into the Big XII, we should only play home & away series with other P5 teams. No more one & done at the opponents venue.
                                Yes exactly. A series wit UT or any opponent playing at Nippert

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X