No announcement yet.

Welcome to the Big XII

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a good listen. How Much Will Cincy, UCF, and Houston Have To Pay To Join The Big 12 Early? - YouTube

Comment

More on how much they pay to join for 2023.with 3 teams paying, it'll be huge fir remaining 8 teams.

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2021...tic-conference
      Last edited by red_n_black_attack; 09-21-2021, 09:39 AM.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Randomly stumbled upon this... looks like UC sent some Graeter's out to Texas Tech and surely the other Big 12 members
        https://twitter.com/BlayneBeal/statu...51495689306117

Comment

Some Audio of John Cunningham addressing expansion on SiriusXM

https://twitter.com/sxmcollege/statu...777042439?s=21
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Interesting. Someone actually has come out and said what we all knew. Texas blocked the 2016 expansion. I have read recently about the criticism of the Big 12 by expanding with the four teams saying that they were not good enough 5 years ago, what makes them worthy now? How conference realignment affects Big 12 and Kansas State sports (cjonline.com)

Comment

UT is OSU’s superiority complex on steroids.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I read that the big 12 expects new members to play in 2023, and Cunningham has said his target when negotiating early AAC exit is also 2023. All of the pundits expect UT and OU to play in the SEC starting 2022, but there haven't been any announcements, rumors, or the slightest innuendo that this will happen. Are there any updates on the UT/OU Big 12 exit other than the standard they will honor their GoR? I cannot imagine OU/UT playing in SEC in 22 at this point, nor can I imagine them sticking with the Big 12 beyond 22, but information and discussion seems to have dried up.

Comment

That didn't take long. The article is dated Sept 10, but several message boards referring to Big 12 reps, including Ok St AD, traveling to Boise and Memphis for next round of expansion. I like the idea and hope this is for 2025 when OU/Texass begin SEC play because it gives some hope that UC can play UT or OU in 23 or 24.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...nce-additions/

Comment

Texas and Oklahoma will be gone well before 2025. Not sure how OU is going to manage it but ESPN is going to cut Texas a check for the remaining LHN contract and cut their losses. Texas will pay their exit fee to the Big XII with that money. I’m just assuming OU is sitting on some cash pile
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Does anyone have an idea how UC will come up with their buy-out cash?

Comment

Bake sale??

Comment

I think there are resources that were included in the initial talks with Big 12 that were not in the application letter, er, sentence

Comment

REPORT: Texas and Oklahoma Won't Pay Big 12 Exit Fees In Full Right Now - YouTube
                            Big XII exit fees - TX and Ok not paying?

Comment

Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post
                              Bake sale??
                              As I recall, the Big XII picked up some of the exit fee for WV when they left the AAC, in return for reduced payouts for some period after they joined the league. I could be wrong, though.

Comment

You are correct, the Big 12 paid a sizeable portion of WVU exit fees to the Big East. I don't think that WVU was ever formally a member of the AAC. Loserville and Rutgers played one season in AAC before getting the P5 call that we are just now receiving.

"the Big East would be paid $20 million, including $11 million from West Virginia and $9 million by the Big 12"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor..._12_Conference

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X