No announcement yet.

Welcome to the Big XII

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course, they are begging for the Mountain West "four". Big 12 Expansion: Should 'Mountain West Four' Get Invite? (heartlandcollegesports.com)

Comment

Via Greg Wrubell (BYU broadcaster) -- Big 12 commish Bob Bowlsby on when BYU/Houston/UCF/Cincy join: "I think we'll find ourself having to play in divisions at that point...we're gonna play with 14 for a while and then we'll fall back to 12 and re-assess at that point...I feel very good about the four we brought in."

Comment

Those those few of you who are subcribers to this newletter. Andy Wittry has gotten hold of UCF's Big 12 presentation from 2016 (with the grammatical errors intact I assume). UCF compared themselves to a school on the same trajectory as Louisville in the presentation. Maybe it's just me but you probably didn't want to make that comparison. ($)

https://www.extrapointsmb.com/ucf-bi...ence-expansio/
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.c...akes-no-sense/

Bowlsby doesn't mince words
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Pat Forde's Forde-Yard Dash: the Big 12 will go on without Texas, Oklahoma https://www.si.com/college/2021/11/1...oklahoma-state

Comment

^ That was a really good read.

Comment

In random Big XII things, field storming is a $25K fine from the conference.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                  In random Big XII things, field storming is a $25K fine from the conference.
                  When was the last time UC fans did a field storm? I know there was one when Dantonio's squad upset Rutgers and I was there when BK's squad beat Syracuse to clinch an Orange Bowl bid. Don't recall if others since. Maybe UCF a couple years ago? Tulsa to win the AAC last year? Neither?

Comment

Going way back, Mintor's team beat a top 10 Wisconsin team and the fans stormed the field.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

When was the last time UC fans did a field storm? I know there was one when Dantonio's squad upset Rutgers and I was there when BK's squad beat Syracuse to clinch an Orange Bowl bid. Don't recall if others since. Maybe UCF a couple years ago? Tulsa to win the AAC last year? Neither?
                      The Syracuse game was last time we stormed the field to get to the Orange Bowl. If some losses occur to other CFP teams, it's possible we storm the field if we get to and beat UH in AAC CCG.
                      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Speaking of Houston, all 500 fans that they had in the stands stormed the field a few weeks ago when they knocked off SMU.

Comment

Back when Dontonio was coach, they used to allow you to go on the field and meet the players once the game had ended. In fact, it seemed like they encouraged that an interaction. I recall taking my children to games and they were excited to see the players and shake their hands. As a side note, the players were also very thankful to the fans for coming to watch them play.

Comment

The last time was when we beat UCF at home 2 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                              Going way back, Mintor's team beat a top 10 Wisconsin team and the fans stormed the field.
                              That game was interesting crowd wise because everybody left figuring it was over and then Ron Dayne fumbled the ball on like the 5 yard line. People were trying to get back into the stadium still when the game ended. A goal post ended up in Clifton Heights somewhere I think.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

That game was interesting crowd wise because everybody left figuring it was over and then Ron Dayne fumbled the ball on like the 5 yard line. People were trying to get back into the stadium still when the game ended. A goal post ended up in Clifton Heights somewhere I think.
                                I believe it was Joselin Avenue ... that was my first game as a UC student. As a 17 year old new college student, my parents at home back in Maryland were mightily impressed they saw me on TV with a (few) beers in my hand. HAHAHA

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X