No announcement yet.

Welcome to the Big XII

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The exit fee is $10 M at 27 months. I am not sure if it is greater than that if we leave early. I read that UConn paid $40M to get out. Probably a mistake for them at the time due to their financial situation now. I am sure glad we do not have to play them in football due to their sad state.

Comment

Looking forward to the championships that Clark- Heard, Googins, Fickell, Miller and all the other coaches will win in our new conference. GO 'CATS

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
        The exit fee is $10 M at 27 months. I am not sure if it is greater than that if we leave early. I read that UConn paid $40M to get out. Probably a mistake for them at the time due to their financial situation now. I am sure glad we do not have to play them in football due to their sad state.
        UConn paid 17 million to get out a year or so early
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

UConn paid 17 million to get out a year or so early
          Thanks for the correction. As an old man, my memory often fails me. I knew that it was greater than the $10M hanging over UC, Houston, and UCF. Do we know if that $10M decreases each year?

Comment

Thanks for the correction. As an old man, my memory often fails me. I knew that it was greater than the $10M hanging over UC, Houston, and UCF. Do we know if that $10M decreases each year?
            I think it increases, but not a set amount. We will have to negotiate
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

5:30 pm ET press conf with Cunningham, Fickell, Clark-Heard
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hRBpdQ9Luk

Started a couple mins early, should be archived here for anyone seeing this link after it's over
              Last edited by GoBearcats31; 09-10-2021, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Cunningham on with Mo Egger on 700 wlw at 6:00 PM.

Comment

in case you were wondering if it wasn't real.

https://twitter.com/Big12Conference/...6258812973058/
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Rece Davis gives his thoughts (94-second clip): https://twitter.com/J_SchaefferWOI/s...20438884814856

Comment

Mo asked John Cunningham if UC planned to work on exiting the AAC early. Cunningham started to answer, then caught himself and danced around the question. There's no way, with negotiations certain to occur, that he can come out and say publicly that they want out earlier than 2024.

Comment

Mike Aresco is taking this professionally, saying there are no hard feelings. Aresco specifically mentioned a nice message he received from CLF. He does expect to negotiate for early departures, undoubtedly for significantly more than $10M.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...igher-exit-fee
                        Last edited by swilsonsp4; 09-10-2021, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Very nice article about Aresco. I always thought he was a class act.
                          ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

I am excited about the move but I hope that this is not buyer's remorse.

Comment

Obviously this move was driven by football, but what a basketball league!

Comment

I am excited about the move but I hope that this is not buyer's remorse.

Say what? LOL

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X