No announcement yet.

Welcome to the Big XII

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think 2023 is possible based on UT and OU trying to get out early but based on what's on Houston's contract we wouldn't want that unless they adjust the terms. Partial Share and no TV money until the existing Grant of Rights expires? It's possible we would still come out ahead there money wise but on the surface it seems unlikely.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      I think 2023 is possible based on UT and OU trying to get out early but based on what's on Houston's contract we wouldn't want that unless they adjust the terms. Partial Share and no TV money until the existing Grant of Rights expires? It's possible we would still come out ahead there money wise but on the surface it seems unlikely.
      I read the contract or interpretted it differently. The reason distributions lag a year is because payments are made for the prior year. If we start play on July 1, 2024, we don't get distributions on July 1, 2024 that were based on 23/24 school year. If that makes sense and is true, then it would stand to reason that joinig in July 2023 would mean distributions (full or in part) would begin in July 2024.

This is also where I think the AAC has leverage in negotiating a higher payout than UConn, even though we will give much more notice. The revenue for joining the Big 12 will be much larger, even if in part, than what UConn is getting from the Beast with football as an independent. Since we have more to lose, the AAC can afford to wait or balk.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• I'll have to look over the entiure contract again whn I have some time. I was going off what the GoCoogs writers were saying about it.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Not sure if this belongs here but it is about UC sports funding and what the Big 12 will mean. UC winning on the field, but losing money at sports (wcpo.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
            Not sure if this belongs here but it is about UC sports funding and what the Big 12 will mean. UC winning on the field, but losing money at sports (wcpo.com)
            Not sure that article belongs anywhere. Lots of mistakes in this thing.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Divisions are coming

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...d-realignment/
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• ^I am not opposed to the speculated divisions at the end of the article. It stuck out to me that all the Texas teams plus the far two outliers (West Viginia and UCF) are in one division while all others in the second division.

Comment

• I thought it was a little weird that they went North/South instead of East/West. WVU in the South makes zero sense
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• As they joked in the article, it would be funny to have TX and Oka in the same division until they leave. But hey, the B1G does have tosu and UM in the same division and this year, the last game of the season was for the B1G championship game and the CFP.
                    Last edited by bearcatbret; 01-18-2022, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                      I thought it was a little weird that they went North/South instead of East/West. WVU in the South makes zero sense
                      It's just a projection, but if they did go north/south none of the other schools in what they are suggesting make any more sense - maybe in the long run they will go east/west - let's say the 4 Texas schools, BYU & Iowa St in the west, the others in the east. How would that be?

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                        As they joked in the article, it would be funny to have TX and Oka in the same division until they leave. But hey, the B1G does have tosu and UM in the same division and this year, the last game of the season was for the B1G championship game and the CFP.
                        In the last decade aside from the 2019 Sugar Texas has managed a couple of "minor" bowls - as much press and name recognition as they get, considering their history, money, name, facilities, fan support, etc. etc., they've done little with it for over a decade and so currently the major loss to the Big 12 isn't Texas, it's Oklahoma.

By the way notice that the schools comprising the "new" Big 12 would have had 5 teams in the top 20. How many would the ACC or PAC12 have?

Comment

• Here is a different take in which the Texas teams are split up. What Should Big 12 Prioritize When Creating New Football Divisions? (kslsports.com)

Comment

• Hopefully there is some movement to learn how much it will take for UC, UC, and UH to pay the AAC in negotiated exit fees this spring. Per Aresco, there are many moving parts and conferences that will be affected and they need to know sooner rather than later to accomodate schedules. My two cents: The three schools are using the UConn negotiated price as a starting point because we are giving much more notice, and I think Aresco is looking at the date of negotiated fees as a point in time to begin the clock until 2023, and as such has a higher number in mind. As the two sides play chicken, multiple conferences are left in limbo, along with fans.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...anm-story.html
                            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
                              ... As the two sides play chicken, multiple conferences are left in limbo, along with fans.
                              We should be used to being in limbo by now...

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X