Welcome to the Big XII

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Apparently, the UCF AD has stated that teams will be playing 9 conference games in 2023. This means we need to push back either the Pitt or NC State away game.

You’d prefer to ditch EKU but that’s a home game and I doubt we give it up
    Is this maybe when the annual Miami came disappears?

Comment

• Originally posted by cpawstoney View Post

Is this maybe when the annual Miami came disappears?
      Not a chance. Even if the UC brass were inclined to consider it (and there’s no indication that they are), they’d have to buy MU out of seven games under the contract that, I believe, runs through 2029.

Comment

• What are the chances we can get Texas and/or Oklahoma in Nippert once before they leave? I really want to beat up on Texas once at home before we never play them ever again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
          What are the chances we can get Texas and/or Oklahoma in Nippert once before they leave? I really want to beat up on Texas once at home before we never play them ever again.
          I think the odds are very good considering the BIg XII scheduling gurus will try and punish them on their way out the door. If it's only one of them, I think we're more likely to get Texas since OU voluntarily played us "home and home" (PBS) a while back.

Lots of my neighbors are Texas fans. They look down their noses at UC and well, everyone else that's not Texas. I would love to beat them at Nippert and shut them up.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• ^Lobot, if UT has to play at Nippert, I suspect that you will make the trip. Here is something that I hope you hold me to. If, Texas comes here and if you fly up for the game, let me take you and yours out for dinner before the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
              ^Lobot, if UT has to play at Nippert, I suspect that you will make the trip. Here is something that I hope you hold me to. If, Texas comes here and if you fly up for the game, let me take you and yours out for dinner before the game.
              You've got a deal on that. Yes I would fly up for that one unless there's some family schedule conflict.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Cunningham's presser... Cunningham Meets With Media Following 2023 Big 12 Announcement - University of Cincinnati Athletics (gobearcats.com)

Comment

• Per ESPN's chairman, OK and TX will remain in the B12 until 2025. He doesn't mention it, but the buyouts are probably too steep to manage an earlier exit.

https://www.deseret.com/2022/6/20/23...-12-until-2025
                  Last edited by swilsonsp4; 06-21-2022, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• The gist of this is that the Big 12 will probably be okay. Matter: Big 12 survived another wave of realignment, but can it last? | Mizzou Sports News | stltoday.com

Is Big 12 in danger? Chuck Neinas, man who once saved conference, gives his take (msn.com)
                    Last edited by bearcatbret; 06-21-2022, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                      Per ESPN's chairman, OK and TX will remain in the B12 until 2025. He doesn't mention it, but the buyouts are probably too steep to manage an earlier exit.

https://www.deseret.com/2022/6/20/23...-12-until-2025
                      That's when the TV contract/Grant of Rights with the Big XII is over and they have to figure out what to do with LHN still and when. Texas AD CHris Conte is saying they're just going to fold all the coverage into the SEC Network at the time of the move.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I do not believe that this guy has done his homework. 73 Days Until Kansas Football: Big 12 Expansion Primer – Cincinnati Bearcats - Blue Wings Rising

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                          only 68 seasons we deem acceptable, since we started football in 1885?
                          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Dude needs to check himself if he’s from Kansas
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                              Dude needs to check himself if he’s from Kansas
                              Seems like a sloppy cut and paste.

Comment

• Years of football, enrollment numbers just bad. Most of the data that he needed could come straight from gobearcats.com.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X