No announcement yet.

Welcome to the Big XII

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have read several articles about the "new Big 12". Here is just one of them. Before you dismiss it, please tell me who the blue blood was in the old Big East when they were a power 6 football conference. Towards the end of the Big East, UC dominated that league. There was an article that I missed copying the link but they think that BYU will be the leader of the pack and that will be a bad thing. Well, here is one article. Who Is Going To Be The Blue Blood Of Big 12 Football? - KSL Sports

Comment

• Big 12 going outside the box with its next commissioner hire

https://www.si.com/college/2022/06/2...2-commissioner

Comment

• Pete Thamel just confirmed this
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• You can't go wrong with a guy named Brett even if he spells it incorrectly.

Comment

• I was reading through Matt Brown's Extra Points newsletter ($) and it seems like most of the sitting ADs and insiders are not sure what to make of this hire. Some have never heard of Yormark and most seem to be taking the position that it's either a total homerun or complete disaster and there will be no in between.

https://www.extrapointsmb.com/three-...-commissioner/
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• The same guy who did a primer on UC and Houston joining the Big 12, here is his take on BYU. 66 Days Until Kansas Football: Big 12 Expansion Primer – BYU Cougars - Blue Wings Rising

Comment

• Yormark announcement from Irving.

https://big12sports.com/news/2022/6/...missioner.aspx
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                  You can't go wrong with a guy named Brett even if he spells it incorrectly.
                  You both spell it incorrectly. There's an N.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Here's a big profile of Yormark from the Athletic nationalwriters. ($)

https://theathletic.com/3390921/2022...ner-rocnation/
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• The same guy that wrote the previews of UC, BYU, and Houston has come up with the UCF write-up.
                      59 Days Until Kansas Football: Big 12 Expansion Primer – UCF (msn.com)

Comment

• Big 12 media days will be July 13 and 14
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I haven't read this entire thread. With the move to the new conference are there plans to bring back Men's soccer? i thought this was related to budget issues and nothing else, but I wasn't sure if anyone knows anything. Also I saw that Big XII also has equestrian and gymnastics and wasn't sure if Cincinnati planned to add any sports. I know that D1 requires at least 14 varsity sports. We currently sit at 16 I believe.

Comment

• My understanding of the soccer cut was that it was not just budget related. There are a lot of mens’ college soccer programs that are disappearing around the country.

One of the reasons is that the United States has finally figured out a proper professional minor league system for soccer. This fact is dropping the amount and quality of available players to college programs.

Then you have figure in Title IX. UC could probably restart the program but we’d have to add something like women’s softball to make it work and stay in compliance. Honestly I’m not sure why UC doesn’t have softball. There are a number of good HS fast pitch programs in the area.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Black and Red Attack View Post
                              I haven't read this entire thread. With the move to the new conference are there plans to bring back Men's soccer? i thought this was related to budget issues and nothing else, but I wasn't sure if anyone knows anything. Also I saw that Big XII also has equestrian and gymnastics and wasn't sure if Cincinnati planned to add any sports. I know that D1 requires at least 14 varsity sports. We currently sit at 16 I believe.
                              On a few occasions, I've heard John Cunningham say that they approached the B12 to ask if UC needed to add programs. The answer was no, and Cunningham said there are no plans to do so at this time.

Comment

• Max Olson: Texas Tech is planning to announce a $200 million investment in its football facilities tonight, sources tell @TheAthletic. Project will get underway at the end of this football season.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X