This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PJ Nelson 2025 Princeton HS Cincinnati OH LB

Nelson committed tonight off the back of his offficial visit this weekend. 6'2 215.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/16721141/PJ-Nelson
    Last edited by Lobot; 07-09-2024, 06:04 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

the 'cats got a couple of other commitments this weekend - are things looking up, esp. for those of little faith? I do hope that Mr. Nelson's commitment helps some of his team mates to do the same thing - a new wave of home town heroes!

Comment

I don't follow football recruiting enough (and am skeptical with early/early-ish commitments because things change so quickly) -- but will be key for Satterfield to start reeling in the locals like this. He won't ever match Luke Fickell's local recruiting, but he sure better be a lot closer to LF than Senator TT.

Comment

Nelson is an OHSAA first team All-State defender in Div.1
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

3 star LB Paul Nelson commits to Cincinnati – The Front Office News

Comment

I'm really excited about Mikkel Skinner and Paul Nelson for 2025.

Comment

Don't be. PJ just flipped to IU per his Twitter account.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                I don't follow football recruiting enough (and am skeptical with early/early-ish commitments because things change so quickly) -- but will be key for Satterfield to start reeling in the locals like this. He won't ever match Luke Fickell's local recruiting, but he sure better be a lot closer to LF than Senator TT.
                one month later…

Comment

I have a weird hunch that the lack of fanbase confidence and support re: Satterfield is affecting recruiting locally. We should not be losing local recruits to Purdue and IU and Illinois at this point.

There's always the argument that some guys just want to get away from home but this seems to be a trend with locals flipping away from us.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                    I have a weird hunch that the lack of fanbase confidence and support re: Satterfield is affecting recruiting locally. We should not be losing local recruits to Purdue and IU and Illinois at this point.

There's always the argument that some guys just want to get away from home but this seems to be a trend with locals flipping away from us.
                    Could be NIL. Maybe they are getting more robust NIL from other schools?

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

Could be NIL. Maybe they are getting more robust NIL from other schools?
                      I think that's pretty likely
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

tim adams tweeted that he thought nil was a big part of it - post CLF, some B10 schools may be waving "the bag" around the area.

i just think that CSS needs to win, to earn his rep, to get the cincy prep pipeline open again.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X