X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lobot
    started a topic Polls 2019

Polls 2019

Neglected to post yesterday that the preseason Coaches Poll came out. We're somehow ranked #38 in the poll and hiding in the Others Receiving Votes collection. That's severely underranking us.

I"m going to be blunt. These people are not paying any attention. For instance ,UCF is ranked #17 with a 3rd string QB that's barely played and has never played in UCF's system. Michigan is ranked #7 based on nothing.

Here's the poll:

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaa...-coaches-poll/

Here's an article from Stewart Mandel that came out after I posted the above info to Twitter which basically backs up some of my thinking. ($)

https://theathletic.com/1111221/2019...-coaches-poll/

• Lobot
    replied
    Finished at #21 in the coaches Poll today as well.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

Leave a comment:

• GoCats1994
    replied

Final AP rankings. This may be too much to expect, but based on who the Bearcats are returning next season (both coaching staff and players) they SHOULD be (deserve to be) ranked preseason 2020.

17 - Memphis
    18 - Michigan
    19 - Appalachian State
    20 - Navy
    21 - Cincinnati
    22 - Air Force
    23 - Boise State
    24 - UCF
    25 - Texas

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    #23 in the AP.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Final Coaches poll is out. Finish the regular season at #22. Memphis went up to 15. Navy jumped us at 21. They still have to play Army.

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    The other top G5 teams in each poll:

Memphis #16 in both, Boise State #19 AP & #17 coaches, App State #20 in both & Navy #23 in both.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Week 15 - #21 across the board. CFP on tuesday.

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    Only one change in this week's CFP rankings re G5 contenders: SMU out of Top 25 ... Memphis 18, UC 19, Boise State 20, App State 25

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    And I was wrongggg. Boise St did not jump us. We dropped 1 spot in the Coaches poll to #18 and traded places with Memphis. Still holding at #17 in the AP . CFP comes out tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Looking at last nights results, I expect us to get jumped in polls and the CFP rankings by Boise St on Tuesday.

Boise St. played on the road at Utah St and clobbered them. They close the season at Colorado St on Friday and then play Hawaii on Dec. 7 in the Mountain West Championship Game which is at Boise St. Boise St previously defeated Hawaii this season 59-37 and that game was also in Boise. If the Broncos lose either of those game, they are effectively out of the Cotton Bowl picture.

If UC wins out and Boise St loses one or more, the only Cotton Bowl contender to worry about would be Appalachian St. who has to Two P5 wins but a loss to Georgia St.

Leave a comment:

• True Bearcat
    replied
    Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
    Honestly, the way we have been playing, I would rather UC be in the Liberty Bowl playing somebody like Pitt, versus being in the Cotton Bowl, playing somebody like Baylor.

B.C.
    Under Luke Fickell this program has always found the way to rise to the occasion. It is AAC champions and Cotton Bowl or the season is a bust. For those who say we lost to Ohio State and didn't rise to the occasion I say OSU is the best team I've seen this year, and you wont win them all.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Here's Mike Aresco yelling at the CFP committee.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ayoff-rankings

Leave a comment:

• coach
    replied
    It's really irrelevant at this point as it will fix itself one way or the other.

Leave a comment:

• MI Bearcat
    replied
    Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
    Honestly, the way we have been playing, I would rather UC be in the Liberty Bowl playing somebody like Pitt, versus being in the Cotton Bowl, playing somebody like Baylor.

B.C.
    If were in the Cotton Bowl it means we would have beaten Temple, Memphis and won the championship game so I would say bring on Baylor!

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat Chris
    replied

B.C.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X