Polls 2020
Collapse
X
-
hopefully 5 or 6 after a win. There are still many pollsters who ranked us lower because they think we haven't played anyone and UCF will beat us. Win and we move up, at least 1 spot. Lose and the freefall will be huge. I don't think we will still be 7th either way. The funny thing is Tulsa doesn't get the respect that UCF gets because of their longevity, yet Tulsa beat UCF. This game will go a long way towards creating longevity for UC in the minds of many poll voters. -
If we win out, I see us playing BYU in a bowl game. The big boys developed this playoff system to keep teams like us out. We will never be allowed in the 4 team playoff.
I hope I'm wrong some day soon!Leave a comment:
-
This is a good article about our standing. I guess I forgot BYU played Houston and we have a common opponent. The main reason our chances to make the playoffs are so low is because they still predict us to lose to UCF.
Leave a comment:
-
I agree. When Clemson beats Noter Shame in ACC championship, then ND, Clemson, tO$U, and 'Bama are the Playoff.
In that scenario, which SEC team do you want to play in NY6? I'm hoping Florida. Iur strength versus their strength.Leave a comment:
-
I think numerically we'll end up the same this week. Not sure where the hopping goes on, but i say we land at 6.Leave a comment:
-
I agree. I expected both Fla and A&M to pass us and deservedly so. Hopefully that drop still keeps us probably 1 spot ahead of BYU. Interesting to see what they do with Clemson. A ND loss would have simplified this and that result really hurts our chances.Leave a comment:
-
I expect to to fall to #7 when the polls come out this morning. Florida upsetting Georgia will vault them past us probably and I expect that SEC bias might send Texas A&M past us as well. Florida's lone loss is to A&M. A&M lost to Alabama. We haven't played teams of that difficulty at all.Leave a comment:
-
Hopefully the Army/BYU game gets rescheduled so we can see where we stand. I'm a bit worried that Memphis is losing to USF right now and SMU is struggling wtih Temple... maybe these teams we have been running over aren't as good as in years past.
Tulsa to close the season might end up being a big test.Leave a comment:
-
I must admit that BYU looked awfully good last night against Boise St., although Boise was playing their 3rd string QB.
B.C.Leave a comment:
-
I disagree on Herbie. I think he is objective and fair. I haven't noticed any negative sentiment towards UC he is a big REDS fan and Fickell supporter.
BYU can't jump us (at least in the polls) unless we lose, then they would deserve to. Voting for the playoffs is another story. If the big boys take care of business, 3 of those spots are locked up. If ND loses 1 or 2 they are probably out. The 4th spot is a PAC 12 team if they play enough games and have an undefeated option., or BYU or UC also if undefeated. Lots can still happen - just keep winning.Leave a comment:
-
I'm a little worried BYU will jump us in the polls soon. A lot of the talking heads at ESPN like them better, especially Herbstreit who I've always hated... He can't stand Cincinnati because his heart is only for O$U.Leave a comment:
-
I was thinking the same thing. For those who didn't watch the game Boise lost the starting qb on i believe it's first offensive series to what looked like a concussion on a run. Kind of a freak play, but once you saw the backups you knew it was game over. Although watching Boise, they are not where they've been recently and looked like a rebuilding year for them. I had not seen them play in their first 2 games, but didn't have the quickness they typically possess.Leave a comment:
Responsive Ad Widget
Collapse
Leave a comment: