Polls 2020
Collapse
X
-
I saw Tulane on the rankings early as well and figured it had to be some kind of typo they would fix later. There's no way that's correct. -
Here are the other G5 schools with votes in this week’s polls (AP/Coaches):- BYU – 11/10
- Marshall – 19/18
- Coastal Carolina – 20/21
- SMU – 22/23
- Boise State – 25/29
- Memphis – 26/28
- Liberty – 27/27
- Tulane – 28/NV
- Louisiana – 29/31
- Army – 30/25
- App State – 39/43
- San Diego State – 44/NV
- Tulsa – NV/40
- UCF – NV/44
- Houston – NV/52
Leave a comment:
-
Also, Army has crept back into the coaches poll. The Bearcats gave them their only loss.Leave a comment:
-
Yeah, it's weird. It's almost useless to argue about the polls this year because the teams being ranked keep changing from week to week.Leave a comment:
-
We defeat a ranked opponent in Army and drop one spot. We don't play and rise 3 spots. Sure. That makes sense.
I think we are really about 17-20, but as another stated, it is good to be overrated rather than the typical underrated.Leave a comment:
-
Could be. You'd probably be better off with Chris Vannini's articles than Feldman's. Vannini does a national G5 drive column once a week usuallyLeave a comment:
-
I wonder if Feldman was playing to the audience. Justin Williams is one of only 28 "beat writers" for D1 football programs working for The Athletic, and the only one writing for a G5 school.As stated above, I saw this week's rankings and didn't feel deserved to be that high. Our QB play hasn't been elite, though a stingy defense could be the reasoning. I don't know why Feldman would have us so darned high? Maybe we get there once everyone else is done beating up on conference foes, but that requires us surviving many tough games of our own. I think the Program deserves the recognition and it is a testament to the outstanding job Luke and staff are doing.Leave a comment:
-
As stated above, I saw this week's rankings and didn't feel deserved to be that high. Our QB play hasn't been elite, though a stingy defense could be the reasoning. I don't know why Feldman would have us so darned high? Maybe we get there once everyone else is done beating up on conference foes, but that requires us surviving many tough games of our own. I think the Program deserves the recognition and it is a testament to the outstanding job Luke and staff are doing.Leave a comment:
-
Until Ridder starts playing better, I think we are more like a #18-25 team. Wouldn't mind seeing some of the other QB's get some play time. I hope Prater gets a chance at the starting job next year since Ridder will be back yet again.Leave a comment:
-
Here's a real outlier from Bruce Feldman of The Athletic ($): No, not Clemson, GA & Bama on top. He has the Bearcats next at #4. As much as I'm a big fan, that's an awful stretch at this point.Leave a comment:
-
Definitely feel overrated...but isnt it nice we have earned the right to be overrated! Program deserves this rankingLeave a comment:
-
Ask me after the Tulsa game, but right now I think we’re more like a top 25 team.
B.C.Leave a comment:
-
The defense may warrant that ranking, especially based on how other team’s defenses are performing. But, the offense is not even top 25. Overrated for certain.Leave a comment:
Responsive Ad Widget
Collapse
Leave a comment: