Transfer Portal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Portal

Steven Hawthorne is in the portal. Along with Michael Pitts, that makes two DE/OLB.

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Guys, who were all high school studs, wanna play. You can't blame them for wanting to go to "greener pastures".

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

It's hard to believe Hawthorne couldn't earn playing time. He was the 4th best recruit out of his class. I know our recruiting has come a long way, but you would have thought this kid could have cracked the rotation.

Comment

Hype and resume just doesn't always translate to playing time. Depth at a position and upper class priorities often keep young talent down. Its not a bad reflection just circumstances dictate its not someones time yet. Kids today want to play right away rather than develop and play later. They often try to make that a condition of recruitment. The best programs and coaches avoid those commitments if at all possible. I hate to lose talented kids also but its a negative side to a positive situation of upgraded talent. Sometimes, however, coaches realize that a player was just overestimated and doesn't meet their hype. Not sure what the story was with Hawthorne but wish him well.

Comment

I think there may be more to it than playing time. Hawthorne opted out before the season due to COVID and hasn't been with the team all season.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Dalrone Donaldson has opted for the portal. This is the guy we signed as a walk on from junior college. Never cracked the WR rotation here and I’m guessing he was unable to play himself into a scholarship.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X