Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gmann
    replied
    I'm less worried about the BCS poll right now and more concernced about winning the next 3 games. The competition over the next 3 games ramps up considerably and we can't have the spotty play on both sides of the ball we've witnessed the past 4 games or we'll likely get beat.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat Chris
    replied
    Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
    Let’s be honest with ourselves. UC is not getting into the playoffs this year. I knew this when the first CFP rankings were released. The rankings were set up in such a way that gave the committee endless reasons to justify excluding UC. For example, the B1G having MSU, UM and aO$U ranked above and right behind us. Whomever finishes first among those three teams will get in ahead of UC. GA and AL are locks, and if AL loses to GA, they will be the first 2-loss team to make the playoff. But I believe GA and AL will play for the SEC championship with AL winning, which will justify both being in the playoff. UO beat aO$U in Ohio stadium, which is obviously very important to the committee. They won’t lose again and are also a lock to make it. UC’s best hope is to be invited to a NY6 bowl game. But UC will never be invited to the playoff.
    If UC wins beats SMU and ECU by 20 or more, and then easily wins the AAC Championship game against Houston, it will be hard for them to deny us a spot. Still, I don't feel that UC is going to win the remaining games easily, and you know how scared I am of the ECU game.

B.C.

Leave a comment:

• Greg7173
    replied
    Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
    Let’s be honest with ourselves. UC is not getting into the playoffs this year. I knew this when the first CFP rankings were released. The rankings were set up in such a way that gave the committee endless reasons to justify excluding UC. For example, the B1G having MSU, UM and aO$U ranked above and right behind us. Whomever finishes first among those three teams will get in ahead of UC. GA and AL are locks, and if AL loses to GA, they will be the first 2-loss team to make the playoff. But I believe GA and AL will play for the SEC championship with AL winning, which will justify both being in the playoff. UO beat aO$U in Ohio stadium, which is obviously very important to the committee. They won’t lose again and are also a lock to make it. UC’s best hope is to be invited to a NY6 bowl game. But UC will never be invited to the playoff.
    Going 13-0 and winning a NY6 bowl would be a very successful season. Perhaps a National Championship will have to wait until we are fully in the Big 12. That is, assuming the the Big 12 will still be a "Power 5". I don't put it past the other conferences to reclassify to a "Big 4". Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Leave a comment:

• Josh Rexhausen
    replied
    Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post
    All 3 teams ahead of us (except Georgia) in CFP face ranked teams. Alabama-Arkansas, Oregon@Utah and OSU-MSU. But, why is Georgia playing an FCS team in week 12? I guess Oregon has a fair chance of losing.
    Look what it did for Alabama. This is how the SEC fools us with their greatness. We play the cupcakes early to gel the team and work out the kinks. Then everyone complains about who we play. Meanwhile SEC has fine tunes their teams and beat down nobodies and "look impressive." Absolute garbage.

Leave a comment:

• London 'Cat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Greg7173
    replied
    Kirk Herbstreit has dropped us out of his top 6 for the CFP. He just has not been impressed with our play the last four weeks. I don't mind being #3 in both polls but we have to play better the next three weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Carin's Dad
    replied
    All 3 teams ahead of us (except Georgia) in CFP face ranked teams. Alabama-Arkansas, Oregon@Utah and OSU-MSU. But, why is Georgia playing an FCS team in week 12? I guess Oregon has a fair chance of losing.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Gotta love that Alabama beats one of the worst D-1 teams in years at home and moves up. Really?

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    I'll take #3 in CFP too, maybe after conference championship games

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    AP also in at #3

https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-25-college-football-poll

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Coaches Poll at #3 again.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaa...22/2021-11-14/

Leave a comment:

• Josh Rexhausen
    replied
    Alabama's "quality loss" looks worse, Cincinnati's best win. Improves. I am sick of everyone saying we beat ND while they were finding their identity and discounting the win. I was watching some of that game while listening to the basketball game and one of the announcers had UC as his number 2 team on the country, the other was knocking them and mirrored the CFP. There is some respect out there.

Leave a comment:

• RedDog
    replied
    You know what would be the ultimate kick in the balls....a one loss ND team passing an undefeated Bearcat team. Don't think it isn't possible! Such is the ways of the Blue Blood Invitational.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat Chris
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Burk View Post
    bo
    I understand the frustration that we, as fans, have with wanting to blow everyone out and get the style points but when I really sit back and think about it, we are UNDEFEATED, and honestly who would have thought before the season began that we would manhandle Indiana and then march into Notre Dame and come out with a convincing win. Let's enjoy it and let the cards play out. GO CATS!
    Indiana has turned into a real turd (lost BIG to Rutgers yesterday), while ND looks better each week. The ND win has to be, without a doubt, the biggest win in UC FB history!

B.C.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Burk
    replied
    Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
    I think Michigan will likely pass us when the new poll comes out. I hope I'm wrong..
    bo
    I understand the frustration that we, as fans, have with wanting to blow everyone out and get the style points but when I really sit back and think about it, we are UNDEFEATED, and honestly who would have thought before the season began that we would manhandle Indiana and then march into Notre Dame and come out with a convincing win. Let's enjoy it and let the cards play out. GO CATS!

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X