Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Here is a UC News Record reporter pointing out what needs to happen for the Bearcats to be in the CFP.
    Opinion | The steps necessary to lock UC in the CFP | Sports | newsrecord.org

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post
    This early, there are too many scenarios to contemplate. Too many undefeated and one loss blue bloods.
    Agreed, and some of those scenarios could make it hard for Committee to put UC in the CFP. All I'm rooting for is Georgia to win out so UC doesn't become #1 by a Georgia loss t somebody else. I want UC to be #1, but I want it in the final poll after we beat an undefeated consensus #1 Georgia, if that is the way it plays out. There's a lot of football over the next two months that could change it. I just don't want to see UC ascend to #1 during regular season where pundits can (and will) question the validity. I am rooting for that scenario out of many as the only way UC ascend to #1 ranking.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Here's one author's guess on the top options to make the CFP. He ranked the teams by percentage chance to make the playoff. ($)

https://theathletic.com/2897507/2021...ampaign=601983

Leave a comment:

• Carin's Dad
    replied
    This early, there are too many scenarios to contemplate. Too many undefeated and one loss blue bloods.

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    I would be perfectly happy if Georgia continues to win and win the SEC CCG, staying at number 1 going into the Playoff games. I don't want the Bearcats to ascend to number 1 due to losses and still get media snickering, "Yeah they're pretty good, but who have they played?"

I'd rather be 2 in the first CFP rankings, stay at 2, maybe even drop to 3 (those two don't really matter with the CFP format), and then only way to get to number 1 is by winning two games against the best of the best. I'm not predicting we would win them, but getting to number 1 by winning those last two games with nothing ahead would be much sweeter than getting to number 1 due to P5 team losses. If we get to number 1 during season then lose in the Playoff, it would be sad because the pundits would claim to be right all along (even if we lose by 1 point on a last second field goal). Beside Georgia beating Bama in SEC CCG improves our chances of not getting left out of CFP.
    Last edited by red_n_black_attack; 10-18-2021, 10:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    https://apnews.com/article/college-f...79c063d08bd52a

Leave a comment:

• London 'Cat
    replied
    AP #2/Coaches #3.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Not sure where this goes but if we are ranking, we have to rate UTenn fans some of the worse. They hit Kiffin with a golf ball after their loss to Ole Miss. Kind of reminds me of Charlette basketball fans throwing quaters at Huggs and Bobby Brannen.
    Last edited by bearcatbret; 10-17-2021, 12:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Just the talking heads predictions
    College football rankings: What Iowa's loss to Purdue means for Alabama, Oklahoma and more | Sporting News
    Predicts Oklahoma jumping UC - College football rankings: Projected NCAA top 25 teams after Week 7 | Sporting News
    Still has UC as 4th in the CFP - College Football Playoff Picture for Week 8: Iowa loss creates fourth-team debate | Sporting News

Leave a comment:

• leo from jersey
    replied
    Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Let's imagine, UC, Georgia, and the winner of Ok St/OU go undefeated and those Big Ten teams beat up on each other. Let's say the Big 12 championship game winner is undefeated, as is Cincy winning AAC CCG. In this scenario, Bama beats Georgia by a field goal in SEC CCG. Could the Big 10 champion be left out of CFP?
    IS THIS THE NIGHTMARE SCENARIO FOR CINCY? Too many 1 loss P5 teams is not good for UC. Even if UC is solidly in top 2 going into conference championship games.
    if tOSU wins out and wins the big - they won't be left out especially if they win big.

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by Illuminerdski View Post
    We know the committee does have some bias when it comes to some teams/conferences. I think it is a given that 1 team from the SEC and the Big Ten is a given. A undefeated Big 12 champ is a given. I don't see UC being jumped by a Pac-12 or ACC champion. Even if Wake Forest or NC State goes undefeated.

If a 1 loss, maybe even 2 loss, Alabama beats an undefeated Georgia, I think both teams would go into the CFP. This I think has the biggest potential to knock us out of the CFP as UC would be fighting for 1 spot. If this happened, we would need to hope the Big 12 champ has 1 loss to have the best chance. Ideally, either Georgia wins out or both teams in the SEC championship have at minimum 1 loss going in to the game.

We need to hope that Houston wins out as well and decently ranked when we ideally play them in the AAC Championship. I doubt a UC/SMU rematch would move a needle.

Hoping for the best.
    Let's imagine, UC, Georgia, and the winner of Ok St/OU go undefeated and those Big Ten teams beat up on each other. Let's say the Big 12 championship game winner is undefeated, as is Cincy winning AAC CCG. In this scenario, Bama beats Georgia by a field goal in SEC CCG. Could the Big 10 champion be left out of CFP?
    IS THIS THE NIGHTMARE SCENARIO FOR CINCY? Too many 1 loss P5 teams is not good for UC. Even if UC is solidly in top 2 going into conference championship games.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Burk
    replied
    Originally posted by cafemerald View Post
    The one thing I would hate to become is a fan that expects championship or bust. I was there in NC when we played russ wilson. I was there in OU when Grutza broke his leg. I was there at the orange bowl. I was there at the sugar bowl.

We lost all four of those games but i was so happy to be there.

These guys are kids. Most getting paid nothing. And Im proud of all of them.
    I totally agree It is refreshing to watch any UC team that plays tough, with a team mentality.Its always great to win but I appreciate the effort from the team and the entire coaching staff.

Leave a comment:

• cafemerald
    replied
    The one thing I would hate to become is a fan that expects championship or bust. I was there in NC when we played russ wilson. I was there in OU when Grutza broke his leg. I was there at the orange bowl. I was there at the sugar bowl.

We lost all four of those games but i was so happy to be there.

These guys are kids. Most getting paid nothing. And Im proud of all of them.
    Last edited by cafemerald; 10-16-2021, 09:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Josh Rexhausen
    replied
    With Mich St winning 20-15 at Indiana does that make our win look better? Did not catch any of that game.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    ^I agree. Maybe our consolation prize is playing in a New Year Day bowl against tosu or Alabama or Clemson.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X