Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lobot
    replied
    Stayed at #8 in the AP. Still got jumped by PSU.

https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-25-college-football-poll

Leave a comment:

• Carin's Dad
    replied
    It wasn't so long ago that we were ecstatic to make the "also receiving votes" list. I like the new normal better. Alas, we'll probably be welcoming the Also list in Basketball this year.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by regoarrarr View Post
    Get ready for (at least) Penn State to jump us in the polls. It's the classic screwed no matter what scenario.

If we lose to Indiana: "Group of 5 frauds - they fold whenever they play anyone good"

If we beat Indiana: "Oh I guess Indiana wasn't that good."
    Nailed it. Down to #9 in the Coaches poll

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Penn St. probably will jump us because of P5 bias but they shouldn't. We beat a top 30 team by 14 in their own stadium despite turning the ball over twice. PSU beat a top 25 team at home by 8 and had trouble doing it.

Leave a comment:

• regoarrarr
    replied
    Get ready for (at least) Penn State to jump us in the polls. It's the classic screwed no matter what scenario.

If we lose to Indiana: "Group of 5 frauds - they fold whenever they play anyone good"

If we beat Indiana: "Oh I guess Indiana wasn't that good."

Leave a comment:

• Josh Rexhausen
    replied
    I know we dropped but in both polls we increased in number of votes. I still can't stand the "you beat a top five seam so you should be in the top five, but that team should be dropped" If Ohio State isn't a top 5 team, Oregon shouldn't be ranked as high. I know it's also early.

Still fun to apply faulty score logic. UC beat Miami by 35, Ohio state beat Minnesota by 14, Minnesota beat Miami by 5. Do the math.

Leave a comment:

• Greg7173
    replied
    Slipped to #8 in both Coaches Poll and AP Poll.

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
    Unfortunately, I do not think that we climb at all. Even if we beat Indiana and ND, it will not be enough to impress the pollsters.
    There are 2 reams ahead of us who will probably stay undefeated for most of the season. It's also in realm of possibility that the 1 loss teams have a second loss. Give it time and enjoy what makes college football the best!!

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Unfortunately, I do not think that we climb at all. Even if we beat Indiana and ND, it will not be enough to impress the pollsters.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Dropped a spot in the AP. Also at #8

https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-25-college-football-poll

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    We’re still at #8 in the coaches poll.

We got passed by Oregon and Iowa and the way up. Got passed by tOSU on the way down and we’re now the top rated team in Ohio.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaa...22/2021-09-12/

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    We might be ranked ahead of OSU after today. Oregon is currently handling them pretty well at the Horseshoe. There's the possibility that Oregon or Iowa/Iowa St winner would jump us but we'll see.

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    We can only play the teams on our schedule; however, we have always needed some help. Going undefeated won't be enough, even if IU and ND only have one loss. We need to be undefeated and have 1-2 P5 teams with one loss and multiple teams with 2 or more losses. We can't have Georgia go into the SEC championship game undefeated against an undefeated Bama as the loser would likely also be in CFP. Same with ACC, we need UNC to beat Clemson and lose another game. It's okay is winner of Oregon-Oh State goes undefeated, as long as the loser loses another game. Same scenario with ISU-OU, one undefeated and the other with at least 2 losses.

There's a lot of football between now and CFP selection show, and we cannot worry much about IU affecting our SOS. Our SOS will appear weak even if IU runs the table in Big Ten and plays in conference championship game after we beat them. We have and will always need multiple 2 loss teams while we play in the American.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    This will look like a bad take on my part but unless IU rights the ships quickly, we may not have the schedule strength to crack the CFP. The bottom half of the AAC is going to kill our SOS even if we run the table.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat93
    replied
    That IU loss may loom very large for our season. Unless something really changes with several AAC teams this year, even beating ND won’t be enough to break the ESPN glass ceiling on the CFP.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X