Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    IU isn't likely to be back in the Top 25 when we play them either, not with a game against Idaho. Doesn't mean they won't win out, except for our game and make our win look good.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Here's the full AP Poll. When they published it yesterday all the teams were out of order. Never seen that happen before.

https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-25-college-football-poll

Leave a comment:

• Carin's Dad
    replied
    Originally posted by GangstaTakester View Post
    I'm surprised Oklahoma only dropped one. If we have that close of a game at home with Tulane we will drop out of the Top 25!
    There might have been some confusion in their heads. They painted the field in Tulane's colors because of IDA, and maybe Tulane having a good game was kind of another gift.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Originally posted by GangstaTakester View Post
    I'm surprised Oklahoma only dropped one. If we have that close of a game at home with Tulane we will drop out of the Top 25!
    I suspect that this is a way to bolster Oklahoma's numbers to also support the new SEC.

Leave a comment:

• GangstaTakester
    replied

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    The only other G5 school in the AP is Coastal @ #17.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    #7 in the AP , # 8 in the Coaches poll.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaa.../coaches-poll/
    Last edited by Lobot; 09-07-2021, 02:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Not a whole lot of movement in this week's poll. Not surprising, Indiana dropped out.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    That bottom 10 is funny. A few schools that think that they belong in one of the power 5 conferences are on that list.

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    How would you like to be a Temple player after that slam? Accurate, though.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    It's time for the Bottom 10. Stick around for the waiting list at the bottom of the Bottom.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-back-bad-ever

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post
    We're the highest ranked team Notre Dame plays this year. I've seen some commentary saying that #17 Indiana is underrated. Beating those 2 teams gets us in to the discussion (assuming all the other games are wins).
    IMO, I agree that IU is underrated but a lot of their rating depends on how healthy Michael Penix is at QB. He's expected to fully recover from a torn ACL and start the season. IU might be the second best team in the B1G with a healthy Penix.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat93
    replied
    What an absolutely great year to be a UC fan-Ranked 8th preseason, 2 incredible regional road games, a senior QB, Pierce/Thomas/Whyle, our defense. Maybe the only chink in the armor is RB & our conference schedule. Maybe Ford will turn me into a believer but I’m not impressed so far.

Leave a comment:

• Carin's Dad
    replied
    We're the highest ranked team Notre Dame plays this year. I've seen some commentary saying that #17 Indiana is underrated. Beating those 2 teams gets us in to the discussion (assuming all the other games are wins).

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
    I’m pretty skeptical here-I don’t believe ESPN will allow an undefeated AAC team into a playoff of 4.
    It will have to be a situation where leaving us, or another G5 team out, would be so obviously biased they couldn't. Start with game 1 focus and then keep playing our schedule, one at a time. If it all goes well, we have to hope ND and IU do well, at most 1 other loss, plus a conference foe loses only once, to us of course. A one loss ND will have beaten FSU, Wisconsin, USC, and UNC.1 loss IU with victories over Tosu, PSU, and Minnesota (who is good).we will need lots of other stuff to happen, but starting this high with two high profile road non-conference games....this is best shot.

I tend to agree, if ESPN can manipulate it to leave us out, they will.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X