X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lobot
    started a topic Mike Denbrock

Mike Denbrock

Mike Denbrock was selected as a finalist for the Broyles Award which goes to the top Assistant Coach in the country.

I’m just going to assume there will be some comments on this.

• Bearcat Chris
    replied
    Originally posted by GunSlinger View Post
    I am happy Denbrock is no longer leading this offense. Leaves much to be desired, underwhelming results from him considering the tools he was given. I think this is best for long term.
    I lost any respect for him when he almost blew the UCF game two years ago, by telling the UC RB to not score with only 1:30 left on the clock. UC fumbled on the next play, and were lucky to get the ball back.

B.C.

Leave a comment:

• GunSlinger
    replied
    I am happy Denbrock is no longer leading this offense. Leaves much to be desired, underwhelming results from him considering the tools he was given. I think this is best for long term.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    LSU officially 5th or 6th in the SEC in 2022.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Denbrock to LSU Is now official

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Test 10 characters

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
    I have to give Denbrock kudos for staying with the team through this game. He could have bailed just like Kelly always has. It shows a little bit of character for him to stay with his guys through the biggest game in UC history. However, how many of the kids do you believe know he was leaving? If there were any, would they have played harder for him or kind of given up (what was the mentality and mindset of the team)? I told my wife during the first half that the opening drive and settling for a field goal set the tone and that we were going to lose. I am not saying they should not have gone for the field goal but it would have been nice to get those two passes back.

So who's the next man up? Gino?
    Certainly appears to be Gino unless Fickell wants to go outside.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    I have to give Denbrock kudos for staying with the team through this game. He could have bailed just like Kelly always has. It shows a little bit of character for him to stay with his guys through the biggest game in UC history. However, how many of the kids do you believe know he was leaving? If there were any, would they have played harder for him or kind of given up (what was the mentality and mindset of the team)? I told my wife during the first half that the opening drive and settling for a field goal set the tone and that we were going to lose. I am not saying they should not have gone for the field goal but it would have been nice to get those two passes back.

So who's the next man up? Gino?

Leave a comment:

• London 'Cat
    replied
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...le-sources-say

Leave a comment:

• leo from jersey
    replied
    Originally posted by hipal88 View Post
    Denbrock to LSU and I say good. We need a change. Whatever bright ideas he had against bama didn’t work.
    It still comes down to blocking and tackling. Alabama did it better. Perhaps a change in recruiting to get some higher ranked players and then coach them up. Alabama is a step above everyone else though.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Denbrock's taking a lot of heat for play calling again after yesterday. I was less than impressed but I say will that almost every time he tried to open it up, Des got sacked. Can't go for broke if you can't keep the QB upright. Alabama is extremely well coached and they knew what Denbrock was going to do on quite a few plays.

Leave a comment:

• hipal88
    replied
    Denbrock to LSU and I say good. We need a change. Whatever bright ideas he had against bama didn’t work.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    At the bottom of this article, there's a paragraph regarding Denbrock and the report from Football Scoop. He is not discussing anything with anyone until the end of the season. No deal has been reached here. ($)

https://theathletic.com/3028347/2021...high-standard/

Leave a comment:

• Greg7173
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Reports are flying that Denbrock is headed to LSU as OC. Haven’t seen a lot of confirmation yet or s timetable on when.

time for Gino.
    As long as Gino is still heavily involved in the QB room. Need him to bring along Prater. Who would be the next candidate to lead "Tight End U"?

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Appears Footballscoop.com was first with this and it will be after the season is over.

https://footballscoop.com/news/brian...l-coordinators
    Last edited by Lobot; 12-18-2021, 10:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X