Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bearcatbret
    replied
    UC at the time was an independent in football and it was a huge mistake. I thought that joining Conference USA was a great move at the time because it brought competitive games instead of the blowouts of PSU, the U and others. During that time, several faculty members petitioned to disband the football team. A sad time for UC football. How times have changed.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
    I remember watching Curry's last game in the rain. I think that you could almost count the fans on one hand. There was a sign that read "Curry's Last Stand".
    What if I told you…… I did count the fans during pregame for NIU before I ran down the steps with the band. Total count = 152

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    I'm a bit of an old-timer. I vividly recall a game from November, 1971, against North Texas State, played in the worst weather I've ever encountered at a sporting event (35F with pouring rain, followed by heavy snow, followed by freezing rain). (I wasn't at the Freezer Bowl.) I counted 300 or so fans, with about half being students. UC won, 40-7. It was "Fan Appreciation Day", with a TV as the big drawing prize. At the end of the third quarter, the PA announcer came on and said that, because of the adverse conditions, "Fan Appreciation Day" was postponed to the first basketball game. Who needed to be appreciated more than 300 freezing, soaked true fans?

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    I remember watching Curry's last game in the rain. I think that you could almost count the fans on one hand. There was a sign that read "Curry's Last Stand".

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat Chris
    replied
    I remember in November of 1991, watching Tim Murphy and his 1-9 Bearcats getting clobbered at Nippert, 49-0 by N. Illinois... Total crowd was 4000.

B.C.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Cunningham press conference at 1:00

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Student Season tickets are now sold out as well.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    https://gobearcats.com/news/2022/6/1...-sold-out.aspx

The University of Cincinnati Athletics Department has officially sold out of season tickets for the 2022 football season, selling more than 23,500 to set a new school record.

It's the first time in history that UC has sold out of season tickets.

Last season, UC set a record with just over 22,000 season tickets sold.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X