• Time
  • Show
Clear All

USC just announced him. Pinto will start the search party immediately
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Ryan Hays is the interim AD. He’s the Exec VP of the university and does not work in the Athletic Dept.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I would assume that since Hays does not come from the Athletic Dept, it means no one in that Dept is under consideration for the job going forward. Would be nice to have an acting AD in place by mid-December (when P5's will be courting Fickel). But that's probably not a realistic timeline.

Comment

Bohn was on the pregame show today. Very classy. Tough loss for us but big opportunity for him. Need to find the Fickell of AD's.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post
            Bohn was on the pregame show today. Very classy. Tough loss for us but big opportunity for him. Need to find the Fickell of AD's.
            Was he on the UC pregame show? What did he have to say?

Comment

He spoke of his time at UC and how important it was to him. He was given credit by the host for all that he accomplished, but he quickly deflected that credit to the many people who were part of building the last several years. He acknowledged belief that he is leaving UC better than he found it. He spoke of how UC and the Bearcats are very much part of who he is and will continue to be that way. He noted how leaving for him is bitter sweet but shared how it was important to him to be able to express his thanks to the fans and everyone else. He ended with one final "GO BEARCATS".

It was impressive. I was surprised he did that. He was quoted in the paper of saying that he knows some people have left UC quickly without a proper goodbye and that he did not want to do that.

When he was first hired, I was disappointed in the hire, but he really did a great job and far exceeded my expectations.

Comment

I was really surprised to see Bohn at the game yesterday. The article in the Enquirer stated he wanted to say goodbye in a proper manner. Not like the other coaches that left very quickly
                (Cronin, Dantonio, Kelly & Jones). He was a great AD for us & is a class act. It's going to be hard to replace him. Best of luck in your new position Mr. Bohn!

Comment

Very classy. Even said he’d help the new AD during the transition.

Comment

I saw him walking up the aisle at the end of the game yesterday and he made the UC sign with his arms to some of the fans in section 119. I expressed my thanks to him and he smiled and waved. Good luck to him. UC athletics is in a better place today because of Mike Bohn’s tenure here.
                    ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmfam View Post
                      I saw him walking up the aisle at the end of the game yesterday and he made the UC sign with his arms to some of the fans in section 119. I expressed my thanks to him and he smiled and waved. Good luck to him. UC athletics is in a better place today because of Mike Bohn’s tenure here.
                      We missed it - our seats are in 119, but with cold, lopsided score, and our age, we left at half-time

Comment

I'm surprised he came back. He publicly thanked us a number of times in his ontro speeches at USC.

This is not Bohn related per se but regarding other schools poaching Fickell. Fickell stated pretty emphatically at the Bearcat Bash on Friday night that he does not want to move his family again. I don't think it was coach speak either. I personally can't imagine him wanting to move 6 kids again unless it's back to Columbus.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                          I'm surprised he came back. He publicly thanked us a number of times in his ontro speeches at USC.

This is not Bohn related per se but regarding other schools poaching Fickell. Fickell stated pretty emphatically at the Bearcat Bash on Friday night that he does not want to move his family again. I don't think it was coach speak either. I personally can't imagine him wanting to move 6 kids again unless it's back to Columbus.
                          I heard this statement from Fickell several times over the weekend from multiple people who felt the same way you do. That it was sincere and meaningful. I really hope we can find the money in the budget to pay both he and Freeman. Maybe we can ask Denbrock to renegotiate his salary since he's only good at recruiting.

Comment

Mike Bohn has resigned https://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/s...e-bohn-resigns

Comment

The LA Times just reported that Mike Bohn is out as AD at USC. I don't know of the reason or circumstances surrounding his decision.

Comment

See here: https://vb.bearcatnews.com/forum/gen...f-worms-at-usc
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X