Men's Golf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Men's Golf

Another hole in one for the men's team. Amlung Cards Hole-in-One, Men’s Golf in 2nd at Schenkel Invitational - University of Cincinnati Athletics (gobearcats.com)

Men's Golf Draws Las Vegas for First-Ever NCAA Appearance

https://gobearcats.com/news/2023/5/3...ppearance.aspx

Comment

I wonder how this team fits into the Big 12?

Comment

UC is the 7 seed in the Vegas regional. Here's the Golf Channel with analysis

https://twitter.com/GoBearcatsMGOLF/...23726349254657
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
          I wonder how this team fits into the Big 12?
          It's probably like Lacrosse, If your conference doesn't have a competitive league is one of the minor sports, you participate in another conference.

Comment

The Big 12 does have men's golf. 9 of their teams made it into the NCAA. Nine Big 12 Golf Programs Selected to NCAA Regionals - Big 12 Conference (big12sports.com)

Comment

For those who want to keep track of this, the NCAA Regionals are on May 15-17. I'm not seeing TV times but it might pop up on Golf Channel since they did the NCAA tourney announcements.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Live scoring link https://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=27710
                Last edited by GoBearcats31; 05-15-2023, 11:27 AM.

Comment

After day one, UC is 11 under par and in a 3-way tie for 8th (one stroke behind three teams who are tied for fifth at -12). I believe the top 5 out of the 14 advance. Not sure how individual scoring works. Arizona State is way ahead at -26...lots of golf to be played, but currently the top four look pretty solid and there are seven teams realistically competing for #5 per the "Team Leaderboard" at the link above.

Comment

@BearcatJournal:

The bad news

@GoBearcatsMGOLF is 11 shots out of 5th and needs to shoot at least 20 under today to have a shot at Grey Hawk.

The good news

Bears Best is a course that will yield that kind of score. Daunting task but the objective is clear, go flag hunting.

Comment

Currently in 8th place and out on the course currently. They had a long lightning delay earlier in the day.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The team finished 8th out of the 14 teams in the Las Vegas regional. The top 5 advanced.

Comment

Sam Jean - Second Team
                          Jean Named Second-Team CSC Academic All-American - University of Cincinnati Athletics (gobearcats.com)

Comment

https://gobearcats.com/news/2023/6/2...ead-coach.aspx

Cincinnati men's golf assistant Austin Frick has been promoted to associate head coach, while head coach Doug Martin received a new contract that extends him through 2028.

"I think Austin has been a significant part in our program's growth over the past five years," Martin said. "He is very organized and does a great job in helping grow and develop players and identify new talent. This promotion is my confirmation that he is one of the best young minds in the country. As we move to the Big 12, I couldn't think of a better person to do this with than Austin."

Frick will enter his sixth season with the Bearcats following two as a grad assistant at Tennessee. He was an Academic All-American and four-year starter at Francis Marion, graduating in 2015.

Martin concluded his 15th season as the Cincinnati head coach after three years as an assistant. Cincinnati has broken its season stroke-average record in back-to-back years, including a 280.83 this season, nearly seven strokes better than the last. The Bearcats reached 25th in the polls and made the NCAA Regionals, both firsts for the program among its many accomplishments this season.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fzt9pJQW...name=4096x4096

Comment

Have not kept up with the men's golf team, but Big 12 Championship begins today in Texas
                              https://gobearcats.com/news/2024/4/2...mpionship.aspx

TRINITY, Texas – The Cincinnati men's golf team has arrived in the Lone Star State for its first Big 12 Championship. The three-day event tees off Monday morning, with the Bearcats seeking to bolster their resume for a second-straight NCAA appearance.

Three top-25 teams will be in the field, led by No. 12 Texas Tech, No. 14 Oklahoma and No. 17 Texas. Four others are in the top-50. The four-round event, which features 36 holes on Monday and 18 each on Tuesday and Wednesday, is the program's first-ever of such length.

There will also be live coverage Wednesday on ESPN+ from 1:30-5:30 p.m. ET with Ryan Burr and Suzy Whaley on the call.

"I am super excited to take this team to the Big 12 Championship at Whispering Pines in Texas," head coach Doug Martin said. "The Big 12 Championship has a great reputation over the years of playing great courses that provide a championship test. Playing 72 holes is also different than our typical 54-hole events we play during the season. The golf course will test all aspects of our games, which is what championship golf is all about. We have worked really hard this spring, and I feel we will be prepared for all challenges that come our way."

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X