Marcus Freeman
Collapse
X
-
This is somewhat ND related because it mentions BK..... College footballs likeliest coaches to win first national championship, ranked (247sports.com) -
I remember Lou Holtz saying that to justify lack of championships when he was coaching.I am not sure that I want to bring this up, but...... Didn't a famous sportscaster get canned about 12 years ago and he never resurfaced because of a comment he made about ND? I believe that he said that ND most likely will never win another national championship because they have to recruit students first and athletes second because of their admission standards. Maybe now that ND can pay players, they can get both.
Leave a comment:
-
I am not sure that I want to bring this up, but...... Didn't a famous sportscaster get canned about 12 years ago and he never resurfaced because of a comment he made about ND? I believe that he said that ND most likely will never win another national championship because they have to recruit students first and athletes second because of their admission standards. Maybe now that ND can pay players, they can get both.Leave a comment:
-
when he was there (tOSU) , they really didn't have online . Sounds like a lot of damage control to me.Also, Context matters.
@ESPNRittenberg
Freeman said he was noting that because of Notre Dame's student body size, there aren't alternatives if you can't make it to class. Bigger schools such as Ohio State and Cincinnati offer online options for those who can't attend in person for most classes.Leave a comment:
-
Also, Context matters.
@ESPNRittenberg
Freeman said he was noting that because of Notre Dame's student body size, there aren't alternatives if you can't make it to class. Bigger schools such as Ohio State and Cincinnati offer online options for those who can't attend in person for most classes.
Leave a comment:
-
Don’t get me wrong. If it could somehow end in a scoreless tie, that would also work. That’s how much I hate both programs. But, if I had to choose, I hated NS first so I will root for tO$U. Plus my son will be a sophomore this year at tO$U so there is some nexus to tO$U.
Leave a comment:
-
damage control - “I wanted to set the record straight. I was misquoted by Dennis Dodd in this article, and key words were missing from the quote that upset a lot of people that I care about,” Freeman told 97.1 The Fan. “I’m very proud of my two degrees from Ohio State. I would never discredit the quality of education those degrees represent. I was just specifically really talking about the academic rigors of Notre Dame.”-- of course we did hear him say that he wasn't going to make the same mistake twice by not going to ND with his second opportunity.
Leave a comment:
-
on second thought, this is a backward compliment. He is not just trying to get on the good side of the ND fan base, but it shows ND believes they must now recruit against the cats for the better mid west players. On third thought - MF just shut up.-- also if Sauce didn't go to class, would not that be put on the net in today's world.Last edited by leo from jersey; 06-15-2022, 08:57 AM.Leave a comment:
-
The NCAA announced Tuesday that it has ordered Notre Dame to vacate all 21 victories from the 2012-13 seasons, including the 12-0 run that vaulted the Fighting Irish into the national title game against Alabama, because a former student athletic trainer committed academic misconduct by doing substantial course work for two players and impermissibly helped six others.
"You can't cheat academics at Notre Dame."
Yeah, except the eight players who did – and those are just the ones who got caught.
Marcus Freeman's initials say it all. What is wrong with him. He didn't learn from Jim Tressel or LCF much of anything it appears. Maybe he took an online class.Last edited by leo from jersey; 06-15-2022, 06:34 AM.Leave a comment:
-
My daughter is at UC and will graduate in 2023, and then begin the DPT program at UC as well. It was down to UC and tO$U for my son and in the end he chose tO$U. It does make me cringe when I have to pay his tuition each semester.
When we visited Norman, I met one of their boosters and he said something along the lines that his kids could go to any school they wanted, but he was only paying if they chose OU. I half jokingly and half seriously told my daughter the same thing. Fortunately, UC has one of the top programs in her field and she graduated this spring from UC. I was also lucky that her school choices came down to UC, Kansas, and Chicago Institute of Technology. That school in central Ohio does have some good programs, and I wouldn't have kept my joking promise...though I am glad she didn't have them in her list.
Leave a comment:
-
Wow!! Very disappointing statement from a coach I had a lot of respect for(not anymore). If & when CLF leaves I do not want this load mouth to replace him!Leave a comment:
-
When we visited Norman, I met one of their boosters and he said something along the lines that his kids could go to any school they wanted, but he was only paying if they chose OU. I half jokingly and half seriously told my daughter the same thing. Fortunately, UC has one of the top programs in her field and she graduated this spring from UC. I was also lucky that her school choices came down to UC, Kansas, and Chicago Institute of Technology. That school in central Ohio does have some good programs, and I wouldn't have kept my joking promise...though I am glad she didn't have them in her list.
Don’t get me wrong. If it could somehow end in a scoreless tie, that would also work. That’s how much I hate both programs. But, if I had to choose, I hated NS first so I will root for tO$U. Plus my son will be a sophomore this year at tO$U so there is some nexus to tO$U.Leave a comment:
-
Don’t get me wrong. If it could somehow end in a scoreless tie, that would also work. That’s how much I hate both programs. But, if I had to choose, I hated NS first so I will root for tO$U. Plus my son will be a sophomore this year at tO$U so there is some nexus to tO$U.Leave a comment:
-
While Freeman's words were a mistake even rookie head coaches shouldn't make, I am still rooting for Noter ShameLeave a comment:
-
Responsive Ad Widget
Collapse
Leave a comment: