No announcement yet.

Sage Tolentino 2022 OH C 7'0 commit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched him play against Fairfield this year. He is tall, but is not close to being strong enough to compete. He will be at least a 2 year project.

Comment

Rehfeldt can fix that issue.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Sage's high school career came to a close earlier this week, with a 45-40 loss to Moeller. After a 12-16-4 effort versus Goshen, he only had 7 points and 5 rebounds (0 blocks) in 30 minutes against Big Moe.

Final numbers: 12.6 points, 7.5 rebounds, 2.7 blocks... his numbers were lower early on, coming back from an injury, though he did only have 15 points and 3 rebounds combined in February losses to Sycamore and Lakota East.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
          Sage's high school career came to a close earlier this week, with a 45-40 loss to Moeller. After a 12-16-4 effort versus Goshen, he only had 7 points and 5 rebounds (0 blocks) in 30 minutes against Big Moe.

Final numbers: 12.6 points, 7.5 rebounds, 2.7 blocks... his numbers were lower early on, coming back from an injury, though he did only have 15 points and 3 rebounds combined in February losses to Sycamore and Lakota East.
          Seems like miller loves big skinny centers who can shoot the 3 ball, hopefully he is a better shooter than koval, now time to get a big burly freak athletic power forward or center to pair with sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            Sooner the better, let’s get him on campus as soon as possible and go to work on him.

Comment

Hate to disappoint you but hes not a better shooter than Koval. Please please please don't start heaping unrealistic expectations on this kid. Hes a project that needs development. If he gets minutes next year its going to be because Wes likes to play 10-11 guys, not because he's ready. I would be very happy if he makes meaningful contibutions in 2 or 3 years. That's more normal than not, especially with big kids. Lets hope we have someone on the staff that can develop our bigs better than what we have seen this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                I'd like to think that but looking at this year's team I didn't see the kind of physicalness that we've seen on past MR trained teams.

Has there been any before and after pictures of our players this year? If so, I missed them.

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post

I'd like to think that but looking at this year's team I didn't see the kind of physicalness that we've seen on past MR trained teams.

Has there been any before and after pictures of our players this year? If so, I missed them.
                  I agree with this and no I didn't see any of those shots this year. Important to note that the transfers didn't get time with him in the offseason.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

What is the projected role for Tolentino? Why bring in a 7-footer to take outside shots? That is what the guards/wings are for. Think about this for a second, Tolentino (210) weighs less than Koval (220). Rebounding is one of the keys to winning games. Why would a coach bring in another really tall skinny kid that CANNOT play in the paint? Where is the rebounding going to come from next year? Not unless Miller is going to hit the transfer portal for some big men (where are the scholarships going to come from?), they will ONLY have 4 big men in camp (Lakhin, Oguama, Hensley, and Tolentino). That is NOT nearly enough. Miller's plan may be to make the bigger guards rebound (like Houston). Other than that, UC will get killed on the boards in conference play again like they did this year. Once again, what is the reason to bring in a 7-foot wing? They are NOT going to be able to use him as an inside paint player (NOT BIG ENOUGH). Why bring in a kid like Tolentino?

Comment

Isn't there a rule that states a player can't be trashed until he's officially on the roster?

I think it's just a bit too early to hit the panic button for next year, especially when this season isn't completely over yet. Besides, I think there may be some underestimation about what next year's roster will actually look like, so maybe pump the brakes a little and show some patience.

Comment

Totally agree Geaux Juan, well said.
                        As stated before, Wes wants all 5 to be potential shooters and for the centers to help draw their man away from the basket - get used to it.
                        Secondly, the fair thing about Sage is to have Zero expectations for next year. He is a development center and is gonna need time. He may play some next year because Wes plays everybody but in fairness we need to temper our expectations for Reed and Skillings as well.
                        You are right I am hopeful next years roster could still have a lot of changes and we need some upper class, short term help to supplement recruiting and buy time for the kids to develop.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X