Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#67 in the new On3 rankings for 2024. I wonder if they saw him play over the weekend in the GEICO Nationals title game.

Their algorithm shows him at 61% chance UC, with XU second at 14%.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

That was 29 assists over 3 games for Cadeau, not just one game. It was a tournament record. But, we need to make a hard push to get Mckinley.
      Oops. My bad. That would be a bit ridiculous.

Comment

We need to do something with our NIL because it's not working as it is. We're not going to attract anyone unless we fix that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
          We need to do something with our NIL because it's not working as it is. We're not going to attract anyone unless we fix that.
          Complete NIL newb here... What is not working about it? Any idea what can be done to improve it?

Comment

Not sure we’re that far behind. Teams/schools who were already cheating have infrastructure in place for NIL, because it’s legal now. Others, including UC, have to catch up.

Comment

I'll admit that I'm no expert. But anyone can see that the school's that have the money to pay players to play for them can / are abusing the NIL. The way the rules are structured or not, it's just too easy for these school's to abuse the NIL. UC needs some of the areas corporations to become involved so that we can compete with the money being thrown around to attract these kids. We have no elite players chomping at the bit to come here from the portal even with the chance to compete in the country's best bball conference. I'm talking about players that have established themselves as pieces to build a team around. We can't seem to get these guys. High school recruits we can attract with some monies, but once a player has established a rep they will go where the dollars are while their working to go pro. The NIL as it exists today is skewed towards the school's that are willing to "pay" to play. That's how I am seeing things.

Comment

Highlights from the championship game on Saturday -- McKinley (#32 in white jersey) and Griffith (#2 in black jersey) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrhP3hWwn1g

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                  #67 in the new On3 rankings for 2024. I wonder if they saw him play over the weekend in the GEICO Nationals title game.

Their algorithm shows him at 61% chance UC, with XU second at 14%.
                  I can't imagine there are 66 better players.

Comment

I'll admit that I'm no expert. But anyone can see that the school's that have the money to pay players to play for them can / are abusing the NIL. The way the rules are structured or not, it's just too easy for these school's to abuse the NIL. UC needs some of the areas corporations to become involved so that we can compete with the money being thrown around to attract these kids. We have no elite players chomping at the bit to come here from the portal even with the chance to compete in the country's best bball conference. I'm talking about players that have established themselves as pieces to build a team around. We can't seem to get these guys. High school recruits we can attract with some monies, but once a player has established a rep they will go where the dollars are while their working to go pro. The NIL as it exists today is skewed towards the school's that are willing to "pay" to play. That's how I am seeing things.
                    Do you honestly think that Rayvon and Jizzle picked UC just because they like Wes? 🙄

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post

do you honestly think that rayvon and jizzle picked uc just because they like wes? 🙄
                      hahahahahaha

Comment

We literally barely got out bid for the number 1 player in this graduating class. There's NIL for any player in Clifton. Wes is heavy lean for McKinley and Flory next year. What isn't working?
                        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Do you honestly think that Rayvon and Jizzle picked UC just because they like Wes? 🙄[/QUOTE]

" We literally barely got out bid for the number 1 player in this graduating class. There's NIL for any player in Clifton. Wes is heavy lean for McKinley and Flory next year. What isn't working?"

I stated that the NIL money is there for recruits coming in as freshman. The point I was making is to really build a team in this day takes the portal to obtain a player that would make a team a tournament team or just a common one, and the NIL for such a "missing piece" portal transfer is not available here when compared to what other schools are doing. To attract premier transfers who know their value schools who are notorious for skirting rules can now skirt with a whole more ease. Have you seen any 4 or five star portal participants rushing here to play? All I'm saying is the NIL is making it easier for those who cheat to continue to do so.

Comment

https://twitter.com/griffgreenberg/s...27771936104448

"After defeating his team in the championship, Tyler McKinley of Link ran over to console Rayvon Griffith of AZ Compass."

Comment

@jakeweingarten: The following schools will be in this weekend to see Top-50 junior Tyler McKinley, he told @Stockrisers: Ohio State, Tennessee, Cincinnati, Xavier, Michigan State. All of these programs have been involved with McKinley for quite some time.

Comment

https://www.on3.com/news/eybl-sessio...tch-live-blog/

"9:57 a.m. ET: Cincinnati assistant Mike Roberts is watching 2024 four-star power forward Tyler McKinley with MoKan. — Jamie Shaw, National Basketball Recruiting Analyst"

https://www.on3.com/news/nike-eybl-s...formers-day-3/

"*Four-star PF Tyler McKinely (MoKan) seems to have found his comfort zone with this MoKan team. He has been active on the boards, pushing the break under control and finishing around the basket. A big man who knows his role and affects winning."

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X