No announcement yet.

Trey Green 2023 NC PG 5'10 Offer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appears we're still in the running here and I like the comments on UC.

https://www.on3.com/news/4-star-trey...inal-decision/
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Joe Tipton:
      https://www.on3.com/news/live-blog-e...uation-period/

Each time I watch Trey Green play, I walk away impressed. He’s one of my favorite players to watch in the 2023 class because he is a fierce competitor and the ultimate leader. This guy flat out wants to win at all costs and by any means necessary. He can score from all three levels, and he’s not afraid to let it fly. He’s an excellent initiator on offense, with superb court vision. At 5-foot-10, Green is a prime example of ‘Heart over Height’. In this one, he finished with 12 points, five rebounds, eight (!) assists, and three steals. Green is down to seven schools: Cincinnati, Nebraska, Xavier, Clemson, VCU, LSU, and Virginia Tech.

Comment

I’ve watched a lot of video of this guy, and I couldn’t be more impressed. He reminds me so much of the guys we’ve had around here the past 30 years, but with a much better skill set than some of them. Of course most of what I’ve seen is highlight reel stuff, but he is legit. CWM being a PG himself I know he’ll get the best out of him. I’m not worried about 5’10 at all, we did really with Devan Downey and Justin Jenifer. Hope CWM can land him.

Comment

Green is CWM's secondary target. The main prize is Isaiah Collier. UC won't get both.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
            Green is CWM's secondary target. The main prize is Isaiah Collier. UC won't get both.
            Thats a possible path to not getting either. I agree with you but Green is too good to play that game and isnt gonna wait for UC to take him as a fall back If either will commit immediately, you take him and move on.

Comment

To clarify: if Collier is target #1, we sell it to him that way and as leverage tell him we need an answer before we lose Green. Probably won't work but thats the message and we hope Green is still interested when Collier decides.
              We keep chasing Green as a primary target as well. If we can get him to commit we accept and probably lose Collier who is doubtful in my mind anyway. You are right, we might get one but not both. I would be happy either way. Keep in mind Collier is probably a one and done and Green might hang for a few years because his size is less NBA appealing.

Comment

Last night at Peach Jam Green with 27 points, 3 assists in 20 minutes, 5-10 3pt. Plays again tonight at 8:00. Livestream at https://nikeeyb.com/livestream/

Comment

Put this one to bed

Four-star guard Trey Green told Rivals on Tuesday afternoon that he’s planning to make a decision sometime in August. The main schools involved, according to Green, include Virginia Tech, Xavier, Miami and Virginia. On Monday evening, Green erupted for 27 points, four rebounds and three assists against JL3, including a 5-for-10 shooting performance from behind the arc.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....e-annual-event

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                    Put this one to bed

Four-star guard Trey Green told Rivals on Tuesday afternoon that he’s planning to make a decision sometime in August. The main schools involved, according to Green, include Virginia Tech, Xavier, Miami and Virginia. On Monday evening, Green erupted for 27 points, four rebounds and three assists against JL3, including a 5-for-10 shooting performance from behind the arc.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....e-annual-event

Need to make a full court press for Collier....

Comment

He had an official visit here scheduled for September, I guess that's out now.

Comment

I hope we didn't overplay our hand here. I think we could have had him and I am hoping we have an unannounced commit from Collier to rationalize this. It would be very disappointing to not get either.

Comment

I wonder how much the private school down the street has offered him. Do private schools have to disclose NIL agreements?

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                            I wonder how much the private school down the street has offered him. Do private schools have to disclose NIL agreements?
                            Look who they hired. They’ll just pretend Miller hadn’t always been dirty.

Comment

Green’s AAU team, Mokan Elite, just won the Peach Jam tournament
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I watched a couple of his games, definitely would love to see him here.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X