No announcement yet.

Updates 7/26/22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I'm really confused. Can someone tell me how many scholarships they have to give out for the 23/24 seasons? I'm counting 9 but am lost with the covid year and the transfers stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.kenneth noisewater View Post
      Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I'm really confused. Can someone tell me how many scholarships they have to give out for the 23/24 seasons? I'm counting 9 but am lost with the covid year and the transfers stuff
      13 scholarships

4 guys (super seniors - DeJulius, Newman, Phinisee, Ezikpe) will have no eligibility left after the 2022-23 season.

So that's at least four available for 2023-24 season.

But Rayvon Griffith would take one of those spots, tentatively leaving THREE spots open.

However, anyone else could leave (including Davenport, MAW, Nolley and Oguama -- all who are seniors this coming season but should still have one remaining year of eligibility after).

In sum: at least four spots are open for 23-24 / at least three once you include Griffith -- but it's very unpredictable beyond that.
      Last edited by GoBearcats31; 05-09-2022, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.kenneth noisewater View Post
        I’d answer this but I need to sit down and do math on the guys that qualify for the Covid 5/6th year, like say Viktor Lakhin who is technically a sophomore in year 3 and can play for 6 years.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I didn’t feel like recreating a thread for him but Paul McMillan IV ended up at NJIT. Quite the fall from grace.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            I didn’t feel like recreating a thread for him but Paul McMillan IV ended up at NJIT. Quite the fall from grace.
            September 12, 2019 - #40 in the 247 Composite rankings
            May 12, 2021 (one year ago) - #97 in the 247 Composite rankings
            Today = #171, which still isn't terrible...and you'd think it would not translate to the second-worst team in the American East / #342 in the KenPom.com rankings for 21-22 (out of 358 teams)

But best of luck to PMIV and hopefully he can have a successful career - wherever he may wind up over the course of the next four years

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

September 12, 2019 - #40 in the 247 Composite rankings
              May 12, 2021 (one year ago) - #97 in the 247 Composite rankings
              Today = #171, which still isn't terrible...and you'd think it would not translate to the second-worst team in the American East / #342 in the KenPom.com rankings for 21-22 (out of 358 teams)

But best of luck to PMIV and hopefully he can have a successful career - wherever he may wind up over the course of the next four years
              As I recall, CWM spoke to him and said he’d have to improve his game to get an offer, or something to that effect. The offer never came. Good luck to him, these days he can transfer to a bigger program if he proves it on the court.

Comment

Sitting on another list of guys. Hope to have them up soon. I'm in power grid watch mode here in Texas.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                  but if there is no future in bb, it is a good school.

Comment

Peach Jam is ongoing this week into the week.,

Live stream here or on Twitch

https://nikeeyb.com/livestream/
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Thanks for the updates!

Comment

The summer eval period closed on Sunday. That marks the end of the calendar for this 21-22. I'll post a link to 22-23 when I find one
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

And here it is.

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/com...ngCalendar.pdf
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse