2023 PG Prospect's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 PG Prospect's

PG should be Wes Miller's number one target going into the Big 12 next season..

At this point, I do not get a warm feeling we're going to land a difference maker. I know ratings don't always mean a lot, but?? UC should be able to land a High 4 Star or 5 Star Recruit!

I'm not exactly sure how many scholarships are still available for 2023, but PG should be the teams highest priority. I show the following recruits still in the mix?

Jaylen Curry 2023 NC PG 6'0
    Trey Green 2023 NC PG 5'10 Offer
    Isaiah Collier 2023 GA PG 6'3 offer
    Jizzle James 2023 FL PG 6'1 offer
    Vashon Ferguson 2023 GA PG 6’4
    DaVeon Thomas 2023 JuCo PG offer
    Brandon Rechsteiner 2023 GA PG 6'0

I thought for sure Green or Collier would end up being a Bearcat... Looks like the ship may have sailed on Green?

I was hoping with the Rayvon connection, Collier would join UC.. I just don't get a warm fuzzy feeling anymore... Jaylen Curry sounds like an interesting prospect and no real offers from any major schools that UC should not be able to beat out...

If we don't land a high impact PG, I would consider this to be a failure on the staffs part! I've seen enough of a SG taking the ball up court the last 3 seasons...

Not sure if I missed anyone else who might have strong interest in being a Bearcat?

We’re not totally dead on Green quite yet. Assistants were watching him today per Jamie Shaw at on3
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
      PG should be Wes Miller's number one target going into the Big 12 next season..

At this point, I do not get a warm feeling we're going to land a difference maker. I know ratings don't always mean a lot, but?? UC should be able to land a High 4 Star or 5 Star Recruit!
      Why do you think that UC should land a 5 star recruit when in our history, we have seldom had 4 star recruits? What makes you think 2022/23 will be any different?

Comment

You beat me to it, I was going to say the very same thing. There have been many many years where we didn't get a 4 star recruit.

As I suggested on the individual threads, i can only conclude that we might have overplayed our hand on the PG issue. We were extremely determined to get Collier (5*)which may have also cost us Green (high 4*). I would have been very happy with Green and everything I have seen indicated he was very interested in us. Not sure on either of these guys at this point but asking a player of Greens caliber to wait for Colliers decision was a bit presumptuous. Still hoping for a surprise or perhaps we can mend the Green fences, but not sure when we got to the point of putting 4 stars on hold.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
          You beat me to it, I was going to say the very same thing. There have been many many years where we didn't get a 4 star recruit.

As I suggested on the individual threads, i can only conclude that we might have overplayed our hand on the PG issue. We were extremely determined to get Collier (5*)which may have also cost us Green (high 4*). I would have been very happy with Green and everything I have seen indicated he was very interested in us. Not sure on either of these guys at this point but asking a player of Greens caliber to wait for Colliers decision was a bit presumptuous. Still hoping for a surprise or perhaps we can mend the Green fences, but not sure when we got to the point of putting 4 stars on hold.
          I tend to agree here unless they know they've got Collier for sure.

We're recruiting several PGs in the 2024 class as well. That tells me that they know if they get Collier, he's gone after 1 year. I almost would have preferred they go after Green for stability although I'm not sure what his pro prospects are at this point. He may very well have left early also. Both of those things don't preclude UC from finding someone for 2023 in the portal if it all falls apart and we end up holding the bag.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

Why do you think that UC should land a 5 star recruit when in our history, we have seldom had 4 star recruits? What makes you think 2022/23 will be any different?

Well, the last time we had a Top 10 PG at his position, was Devan Downey? Correct me if I'm wrong? And that was when we were still in the Big East? Not since the Big East has UC had a 4 Star PG or better..... 247 had Downey as a .9851 Prospect.... And I believe one of the attractions besides Huggins was the Big East ?

So next year we're back in a Major Conference that attracts High Level Players..... So I'm basing my opinion on the Big 12/UC Factor.... That should be enough in my opinion.

Would we have landed Rayvon Griffith, Skilling's, and Reed if we were not entering the Big 12 in 2023..? That's a legit question...
            Last edited by BearKatz; 07-24-2022, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post

Let's hope both are still in play... I thought for sure with Rayvon, Collier would follow...

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

I tend to agree here unless they know they've got Collier for sure.

We're recruiting several PGs in the 2024 class as well. That tells me that they know if they get Collier, he's gone after 1 year. I almost would have preferred they go after Green for stability although I'm not sure what his pro prospects are at this point. He may very well have left early also. Both of those things don't preclude UC from finding someone for 2023 in the portal if it all falls apart and we end up holding the bag.

I keep forgetting we also have the IU Transfer, and maybe he'll play up to his HS Potential... But he's only here for the 2022/2023 season, unless he has two years of eligibilty?
                Last edited by BearKatz; 07-24-2022, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

I keep forgetting we also have the IU Transfer, and maybe he'll play up to his HS Potential... But his only here for the 2022/2023 season, unless he has two years of eligibilty?
                  Phinisee is just playing this season - already played four years at IU, so this is the COVID year for him.

Comment

Does anybody know for sure if Green has canceled his official visit that was scheduled for the weekend of September 23?

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                      Does anybody know for sure if Green has canceled his official visit that was scheduled for the weekend of September 23?
                      I have not seen anything official from Green's camp in that regard. I think people are assuming that he will because he didn't name check us in an article.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Ferguson has committed to GA State.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

I have not seen anything official from Green's camp in that regard. I think people are assuming that he will because he didn't name check us in an article.
                          Apparently he has, announcing his commit on Saturday, 8/6.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                            Apparently he has, announcing his commit on Saturday, 8/6.
                            Yup I put that in a deifferent thread
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Well, we lost Green....

I'm guessing Collier will pick between UC & Michigan... ? I would put a full court press on James & Curry.. Even if we land Collier, as many of you have said... He's probably one and done, and that's NOT what UC needs in the long run....

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X