Who is next top target after Collier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is next top target after Collier

Are we going for best talent or is SG a priority? My two cents is top talent available given how physical we will need to be under the basket, C or big PF. Here's a short list but we could see a new target. These are not listed in any particular order.

Flory Bidunga 6' 10" C
    Yaxel Lendeborg 6' 8" PF
    Trey Autry 6' 3" SG
    George Washington III 6' 2" SG
    Braden Pierce 7' 0" C
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Lendeborg is off the list. Committed to St John's about 2 weeks ago.

Washington is also off the board. Committed to Michigan on Oct 8 after decommitting from OSU.

Trey Autry committed to to George Washington U last month.

Pierce and Bidunga are out there. We're the front runner on Bidunga but unless he reclassifies to 2023 they aren't in the same recruiting class.

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

With that I'd say Flory reclassifying should be the goal. Getting the 2024 247 #4 recruit who plays a position of need, may turn out better with Griffon and Jizzle on board.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
        Are we going for best talent or is SG a priority? My two cents is top talent available given how physical we will need to be under the basket, C or big PF. Here's a short list but we could see a new target. These are not listed in any particular order.

Flory Bidunga 6' 10" C
        Yaxel Lendeborg 6' 8" PF
        Trey Autry 6' 3" SG
        George Washington III 6' 2" SG
        Braden Pierce 7' 0" C

We desperately need at least (2) starting PF'S, or a Center.

Flory Bidunga 6' 10" C
        Braden Pierce 7' 0" C

Both would be top priorities if they're ready to start on day one in the Big 12.

This team needs a couple Gary Clarks, Maxiell, Hicks, Bobby Brannen, Fortson, Martin etc....

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

We desperately need at least (2) starting PF'S, or a Center.

Flory Bidunga 6' 10" C
          Braden Pierce 7' 0" C

Both would be top priorities if they're ready to start on day one in the Big 12.

This team needs a couple Gary Clarks, Maxiell, Hicks, Bobby Brannen, Fortson, Martin etc....
          Keep in mind that most of those Bearcat greats you listed took several years to develop. Freshman who can immediately contribute are pretty rare. I would say Flory is one of those but Pierce probably will need some seasoning.

Comment

I'm okay with that, as long as we see progress year to year... Martin's freshman year, he couldn't buy a FT... By his senior year, he was the best player in the Country..

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
              I'm okay with that, as long as we see progress year to year... Martin's freshman year, he couldn't buy a FT... By his senior year, he was the best player in the Country..
              He had some good coaching -- Fellows by the name of Bob and the big man coach Chuck. Maybe K Mart couldn't hit a FT but he could block and change shots as a frosh.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post

Keep in mind that most of those Bearcat greats you listed took several years to develop. Freshman who can immediately contribute are pretty rare. I would say Flory is one of those but Pierce probably will need some seasoning.
                Satterfield did ok as a Frosh - there is always an exception.

Comment

I do love Bearcat history - I hope that history repeats itself.

Comment

I forgot about DerMarr Johnson - a pretty good frosh. Those 3s were raining.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

Satterfield did ok as a Frosh - there is always an exception.
                      Don’t forget Dontonio Wingfield, as I recall he scored 28 pts in his first Bearcat game. He average 16 ppg and 9 rbs as a freshman.
                      Last edited by longtimefan; 11-18-2022, 07:58 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Don’t forget Dontonio Wingfield, as I recall he scored 28 pts in his first Bearcat game. He average 16 ppg and 9 rbs as a freshman.
                        oh yes I loved watching that diaper dandy

Comment

Fortson, Nick Van Exel, Ruben Patterson, Bobby Brannen, Melvin Levett, Logan, Martin and Pete Mickeal are on the Cincinnati’s list of All-Americans of some of the most recent. However, Paul Hogue remains one of my favorites. Robert Miller is also high on that list.

Comment

Paul Hogue, 22 points, 19 rebounds in the 1962 NCAA Championship Game.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                              Fortson, Nick Van Exel, Ruben Patterson, Bobby Brannen, Melvin Levett, Logan, Martin and Pete Mickeal are on the Cincinnati’s list of All-Americans of some of the most recent. However, Paul Hogue remains one of my favorites. Robert Miller is also high on that list.
                              Pat Cummings, Jim Ard, Rick Roberson.....the list goes on

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X