• CJ Fredrick 6'3 G (Kentucky) - Transfer Commit

Committed to UC!
    https://twitter.com/cj_fredrick/stat...C8xbeogOgtAAAA

The Blinking Bearcat is out. LFG.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Chad Brendel: Cincinnati beat out strong pushes from Oregon, WVU, Indiana, Ohio State, UNC, Xavier and more for CJ Fredrick. Everyone made a run at him over the weekend, but relationship with Wes Miller was key. Also credit to @Jake_Thelen who I'm told was instrumental. #Bearcats

Justin Williams: #Bearcats MBB lands a commitment from transfer guard CJ Frederick. The 6-foot-3 former Kentucky and Iowa player went to nearby Covington Catholic HS. He struggled with injuries in two seasons at UK but is a knock-down outside shooter, fills a nice backcourt need for Cincinnati.

Jeff Goodman: Cincinnati has landed Kentucky transfer CJ Fredrick. If he gets back healthy, will be a **** of a get for Wes Miller and the Bearcats. Proven elite shooter.

Goodman said h-e-double hockey sticks and this form bleeped it out haha)
      Last edited by GoBearcats31; 04-24-2023, 02:47 PM.

Comment

If I am not mistaken, Fredrick has played 3 of the last 5 seasons. So he technically should have two years left if he can get the COVID year on top of a medical redshirt (but couldn't blame him after this year for wanting to be done with college). Welcome aboard!

Comment

Can Fredrick play any defense?

Comment

He proved at Iowa he can shoot. Hope he can stay healthy. That’s the real concern here. The talent is there.

Comment

https://www.thescore.com/s/24958856

Comment

Originally posted by leeraymond View Post
                Can Fredrick play any defense?
                I sure hope he does more than shoot. Is he related to the Greenhills Fredricks?

Comment

He's a lights out 3 shooter although you couldn't tell that from last season's stats where he was not himself due to injury recovery. We're going to have to hope he returns to his pre-injury form.

He is in fact related to Joe Fredrick. Joe is his uncle.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...32/cj-fredrick
                  Last edited by Lobot; 04-24-2023, 05:41 PM.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

He missed the entire 21-22 season with injuries, and seemed not all the way back last year. His two years at Iowa he shot 46.6% from three, 83-178. If he approaches that again, wow.

For comparison,
                    Lazelle Durden was 38.5% from three
                    Sean Kilpatrick 41.9%
                    Steve Logan 43.5%
                    Darnell Burton 39.4%
                    Cashmere Wright 34.9%
                    Landers Nolley 41.7%
                    Jeremiah Davenport 34.7%

Last edited by longtimefan; 04-24-2023, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                      He's a lights out 3 shooter although you couldn't tell that from last season's stats where he was not himself due to injury recovery. We're going to have to hope he returns to his pre-injury form.

He is in fact related to Joe Fredrick. Joe is his uncle.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...32/cj-fredrick
                      My son went to Forest Park and played Baseball, Football, Basketball, and Soccer during the time Joe was at Greenhills. So, I'm very familiar with the Fredricks.

Comment

How many years left exactly...? One or two years of eligibility...?

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
                          How many years left exactly...? One or two years of eligibility...?
                          Said this in another post but I think he could have two. He played two years at Iowa after missing one season due to injury. He played one season at Kentucky after missing one season due to injury. So this would be his sixth year but only his fourth playing. If he can get a COVID year on top of a medical redshirt, I think he’d have two. But as someone who graduated from high school in 2018, maybe he doesn’t want to play two more seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Said this in another post but I think he could have two. He played two years at Iowa after missing one season due to injury. He played one season at Kentucky after missing one season due to injury. So this would be his sixth year but only his fourth playing. If he can get a COVID year on top of a medical redshirt, I think he’d have two. But as someone who graduated from high school in 2018, maybe he doesn’t want to play two more seasons.
                            Chad Brendel: “CJ says he has 2 years of eligibility remaining. Would ideally have a monster year and play himself into the NBA Draft next spring, but is open to returning for a 2nd season if that's the best move for him and the program.”

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Chad Brendel: “CJ says he has 2 years of eligibility remaining. Would ideally have a monster year and play himself into the NBA Draft next spring, but is open to returning for a 2nd season if that's the best move for him and the program.”
                              Good 16+ min video interview from Chad Brendel.

Thought it was cool how supportive John Calipari was in the process

https://youtu.be/Aw-h6V7ObHo

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X