Tulane beatdown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tulane beatdown

same old me first attitude and lack of team play discipline. Yes JD hit, but the cats don't have the skill to match Tulane shot for shot. They did try to go inside somewhat in the second half, but too slow and VL ad a really bad night. Being young and quickly put together may be an excuse for not winning, but not for even looking to make a pass, team rebounding and the wretched defensive play of the guards. The new excuse of being rusty might cause a bad pass, but never no pass at all. CWM is showing frustration on the sideline. He needs to put down the law. O see other coaches doing that and they are dealing with the same age players raised in this culture. CWM needs to get over the fact that he is a new hire and stop walking on egg shells with this bunch as he is the coach. The patting on the back and hand clapping has not worked and we ae in conference play. Perhaps that was needed at first, but it hasn't worked with this bunch. He has shorten his rotation though.

The bearcats are gonna have some trouble this year but by the numbers "numbers don't lie" (usually) they only really got beat behind the 3 line. Which was the difference. Shout out to Davenport for leading and the support for chipping in but Dejulius has to put more in if we gonna beat anybody better the mediocre. Either him or somebody else

Comment

Davenport scored 19 points but also took 13 shots to get those 19 points. DDJ scored 7 points on 12 shots. Saunders did not score despite taking 7 shots. Overall, the team took 25 3s out of 60 shots attempted. Inside the line, Ado was 2-2, Ody 1-1, Davenport 3-4, Newman 3-6, and MAW 2-4. If they would work harder to get the ball inside the paint, the offensive efficiency greatly improves. Miller and staff need to coach the players to pass much better and improve the shot selection.

Comment

Very disappointing to see how they started the game. Already tired of hearing from CWM that they were not ready to start the game. I would have liked to see a timeout when the avalanche of 3's were falling and we put up no resistance. Insead coach just let it sprial out of control until the hole was so deep that we would not be able to dig out. There also seems to be no consequence for lack of energy and discipline. Players keep rotating in and out at a dizzying pace with no clear plan. The depth is not a strength if everyone is mediocre or plays with lack of energy. Coach is soon going to find out that even the average to weak teams in this conference will beat you if you play with no passion. Totally disgusted over the lack of progress.

Comment

Yes Davenport had 19, but most were after falling behind by 25 due to his jacking up missed threes without bothering to see if a teammate was open. Winning basketball is not how many points you finish with especially in a blowout. The worse example of it all was Saunders going 1 on 4 and then standing there after his off balance shot without even a token attempt for the rebound. I guess he figured they had 4 so he wouldn't get the rebound. That didn't stop his shooting it. Watch the replay folks and you will see what I just wrote. The only thing I see the local hero JD leading in is the me first shot it up whenever you have the ball mentality. Sadly the team has followed his lead for the most part. That was very shoddy basketball last night and the excuses , not for winning, but for not playing like a D1 team, are old and just excuses.
          Last edited by leo from jersey; 01-02-2022, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gmann View Post
            Very disappointing to see how they started the game. Already tired of hearing from CWM that they were not ready to start the game. I would have liked to see a timeout when the avalanche of 3's were falling and we put up no resistance. Insead coach just let it sprial out of control until the hole was so deep that we would not be able to dig out. There also seems to be no consequence for lack of energy and discipline. Players keep rotating in and out at a dizzying pace with no clear plan. The depth is not a strength if everyone is mediocre or plays with lack of energy. Coach is soon going to find out that even the average to weak teams in this conference will beat you if you play with no passion. Totally disgusted over the lack of progress.
            I’m also disgusted by the lack of progress. I hear coaches all the time praise players for being coachable, but it doesn’t look like we have those guys. Again, coach was hired late and had to put together a roster overnight. I would like to see a little more toughness out of the coach. If guys aren’t competing get them the out of there, play the walk-ons if you have to.

Comment

I intentionally held off posting simply because of how disgusted I became watching Tulane drain 3 after 3 and us clanking up brick after brick. Especially when there is still more than half the time still remaining on the clock. But what is the most disheartening is that we are not seeing any changes as far as X's and O's are concerned. Everyone in the world now knows that we cant buy a basket outside the arc so play a soft zone and your assured a win. I hate to say this but having a leader in blocks start and play majority minutes and not get anything from him except one block and a couple rebounds is a waste of playing time. The guy has absolutely no offense at all. Starting the same five guys every game and getting the same exact result is the very definition of crazy. Whatever happened to the mantra of getting better every day? Isn't that what CWM promised? The excuse of having to field a team out of desperation has now been exhausted. Play Sam Martin, play the walk ons, play anybody that wants to play team bball and show a little life other than throwing rocks and air balls at the rim and not those who only wish to be the hero. DDJ, JD, MAW, and Newton all need to sit the bench until they understand the need of passing for open shots. This is the ugliest basketball I've ever seen coming out of UC and I still remember Yates' slow ball game. We are at (or almost at) the midpoint of the schedule and are still seeing this rock throwing offense. If this is the offense you want to employ at least put the five guys out that's got the best chance of making a shot as your only getting one chance down the floor as it is now. I see no attempt at, or a design of an attempt at attacking a zone at all. Play the kids that's going to be here after this year so they can get experience. Otherwise they wont want to be here any longer. Koval and Ado come in only to spell. Rant now over!
              Last edited by Rufus; 01-02-2022, 08:41 PM.

Comment

That was one of the worse games I've seen UC BB play since the early Cronin days. 50% free throw shooing is unacceptable. We are taking way to many 3's especially when we don't make them.
                At 5:22 left in the game Ado stood by the basket & did not even try to get the rebound. A Tulane play raced by him & got the rebound. Again, UNACCEPTABLE! We have no one crashing the boards
                on a consistent basis & once we shoot we stand around and admire the miss. Not even trying to go for the rebound. Something has to change soon. I hate losing but playing bad basketball without
                trying going full tilt will make this season a disaster. Coach needs to make some changes immediately!

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post
                  That was one of the worse games I've seen UC BB play since the early Cronin days. 50% free throw shooing is unacceptable. We are taking way to many 3's especially when we don't make them.
                  At 5:22 left in the game Ado stood by the basket & did not even try to get the rebound. A Tulane play raced by him & got the rebound. Again, UNACCEPTABLE! We have no one crashing the boards
                  on a consistent basis & once we shoot we stand around and admire the miss. Not even trying to go for the rebound. Something has to change soon. I hate losing but playing bad basketball without
                  trying going full tilt will make this season a disaster. Coach needs to make some changes immediately!
                  VERY, VERY few schools have both top 10 football and basketball teams - our football team was/is top 10 - based upon what we have seen so far it is going to be a long basketball season .

Comment

Im just going to be blunt. You recruited koval, Ado, and to a certain extent Uguama as rim protection/ rebounding which is non existent because your offense consists of bringing the ball down the floor and shooting up a trey as soon as possible. We aren't getting any second changes. That's been the offensive plan employed from day one. So if that's the plan for the remainder of the season then I say sit these guys since they are here only for this year, ( Uguama?) rotate all your three point brick layers in hopes of finding the one who just might be hot that night and run with it. Then develope Lahkin for the rest of the season. At least show a little motivation in this plan going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                      Im just going to be blunt. You recruited koval, Ado, and to a certain extent Uguama as rim protection/ rebounding which is non existent because your offense consists of bringing the ball down the floor and shooting up a trey as soon as possible. We aren't getting any second changes. That's been the offensive plan employed from day one. So if that's the plan for the remainder of the season then I say sit these guys since they are here only for this year, ( Uguama?) rotate all your three point brick layers in hopes of finding the one who just might be hot that night and run with it. Then develope Lahkin for the rest of the season. At least show a little motivation in this plan going forward.

Does anyone know who is working with the big men? The inability for any of them to rebound and finish at the basket is a serious liability. I'm frustrated with the other guys jacking up 3's they mostly miss but I also see why they don't throw it inside because none of the 4 big men can finish. Lakhin has the best moves buy he frequently tries to dribble it and fumbles it away or has it stolen from him. I've said it before it's hard to identify anything this team does consistently well. Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

Tulane beatdown is something that I'd never see typed on here to be honest. I haven't gotten brave enough to go back and watch this one.
                        Last edited by Lobot; 01-03-2022, 04:48 PM.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                          Tulane beatdown is something that I'd never see typed on here to be honest. I haven't gotten brave to go back and watch this one.
                          don't watch Saunders going 1 on 4 and watching his missed shot. BTW I know he is fast, but Tulane had 4 that kept up with him, where were our four other players. They were not all rebounding and doing the outlet to Saunders. Again I heard the excuses, but I don't see D1 teamwork or 3rd and 4th year thinking , but I see grade school shot selection. 25 points in the first half lead from Tulane tells you what a beat down it was. Tulane got tired in the second due to limited depth and not UC out muscling them. We don't have to worry about any getting hurt or tired as I don't see any putting a body on the foe. That should be expected regardless if the team was just put together quickly or had time off. Total lack of desire.
                          I don't want t compare but OSU was off twice as long 23 days instead of 11. While they were shaky on execution, they applied the fundamentals. Plus their coach has to tell them to take 3s. They sure do make them too. It is very disappointing to see how this UC team is playing. Junior JOhnson where have you gone? Does Puffy have any time left?
                          Last edited by leo from jersey; 01-03-2022, 05:06 PM.

Comment

20% from the three. 5 for 25. That tells you everything.

Comment

I am very sad to have to say this but I am losing confidence in this coach very quickly. I have never seen a team play with no effort and just blatant lazy no care attitude. I know we had a crazy man before but the team sad to say it played much harder for him. This ra ra guy is just not doing it for me. The clapping and tapping on the butt just annoys the **** out of me and I almost have to turn the tv off. The way his team was playing against Tulane he should have NEVER clapped nor tapped a guy on his butt........ I know he had limited time to put a team together and everything but effort is on the coach. If you cannot play hard then there for damn sure should not be applause for your play. This team literally does absolutely nothing well....... I am sorry but that is on the coach.... The erratic horrendous subbing of players is out of control and that is also on the coach. I unfortunately think we went from one extreme to the other with our coach and this guy is just soft and his players are playing as soft and lazily and that is on the coach...... Very very sad time to be a bearcat basketball fan....

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X