X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lobot
    started a topic Game 20: Tulsa 1/20 9:00 ESPNU

Game 20: Tulsa 1/20 9:00 ESPNU

Have to love the 9:00 start for a home game. Tulsa ishaving a down year at 6-9. They are sitting in 10th place in the conference currently. They seem to be on the same plan as Wichita in that they have not won a conference game yet. On paper they seem easy to defend. Stop Jeriah Horne and you win the game. Horne leads the Golden Hurricane in 4 statistical categories. The second guy in most of those categories is Sam Griffin. The Hurricane do not have a lot of height on the roster as they top out at 6'10. That player, Nikita (Istanbul not) Konstantynovskyi, doesn't play more than 8 minutes a game.

I will say this about their schedule results. Most of their games, even on the road have been close affairs.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...stats/_/id/202

• leo from jersey
    replied
    Originally posted by Rufus View Post

I have noticed more engagement from the inside guys lately which is a good sign but I'm thinking CWM is preparing for them getting cold at the three by getting MM more involved. Hes been getting more minutes these last 2-3 games and it seems that they are conscientiously trying to get him open so as to get this shot dropping.
    VL has been out so more minutes

Leave a comment:

• Rufus
    replied
    Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post
    So does this look like an upward trend where we keep it up or a lucky "blip" because a lot of shots finally fell? When we can't shoot (and that does happen), we need a better inside game. What do you all think?
    I have noticed more engagement from the inside guys lately which is a good sign but I'm thinking CWM is preparing for them getting cold at the three by getting MM more involved. Hes been getting more minutes these last 2-3 games and it seems that they are conscientiously trying to get him open so as to get this shot dropping.

Leave a comment:

• RedDog
    replied
    Been saying it all year ...live by the 3, die by the 3. We have surely been enjoying a hot shooting streak, even many of our bad shots are falling. Its impossible to sustain but confidence is really gaining momentum.
    I will say though that there has been a noticeable improvement in our bigs activity. They have really been active going for blocks and rebounds and loose balls. That combined with a decent shooting night keeps us in games against anybody.

Leave a comment:

• Greg7173
    replied
    So does this look like an upward trend where we keep it up or a lucky "blip" because a lot of shots finally fell? When we can't shoot (and that does happen), we need a better inside game. What do you all think?

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    We still got out rebounded and had more turnovers. It was a good win.

Leave a comment:

• Rufus
    replied
    I think were starting to see CWM's vision of allowing the players to play and slowly removing the "me first" mentality. There's still a hint of players trying to force themselves into the scoring column which results in turnovers. Your right, MAW doesn't usually turnover the ball but I dont recall any one of this four being the result of trying to do too much. It was nice to see him ( the guards) finally finish some shots under the rim and come away with some points rather than just throwing up prayers and hoping to obtain a called foul. Got a big one coming up next and here's to the good guys getting better and better so that we can shock Hooston. Yes the spelling is intentional!

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    If they keep winning, I think you will start to UC's name pop up on the fringe of the brackets ("Next Four Out") - got a long way to go, but nice to be in the conversation

Leave a comment:

• coach
    replied
    They're doing a much better job of getting open looks up earlier in the shot clock. Makes a difference. Early on to many guys not taking open looks and we end up with a last second guarded shot. If this team is going to be good they're going to have to get it done from the perimeter. It's good to see shots falling. Can't question the effort or enthusiasm all year. Wish they had a game this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Some box score observations:

- Ado, Oguama, Hensley, Koval each with 2 blocks
    - Davenport, DeJulius, Madson a combined 15/20 from three (16/21 if you include 1/1 from Koval)
    - Adams-Woods 7 assists and an un-MAW-like 4 turnovers; both may have been career highs
    - Adams-Woods and Davenport had +/- of 23, with Madsen next highest at 14
    - 16/20 from the FT line (noting Anthony went 0/2 in 2 mins at the end of the game)
    - Tulsa shot 38.4% including 21.4% from three

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    55.2 % from 3 for the game on 16-29 shooting seems good.

https://gobearcats.com/services/down...20/1987356.PDF

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Originally posted by Bearcat9796 View Post
    Newman hurt?
    Wes said after the game he was worried about Newman. Wasn't sure of the extent, but not a good sign he could not return. Same knee, it seems, that he hurt a couple years ago at Clemson.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat9796
    replied
    Newman hurt?

Leave a comment:

• UC4me
    replied
    The Hurricane do not have a lot of height on the roster as they top out at 6'10. That player, Nikita (Istanbul not) Konstantynovskyi, doesn't play more than 8 minutes a game.

Even old New York was once New Amsterdam

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat9796
    replied
    turnover rate better slow waaaaaay down

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X