No announcement yet.

Game 21: Temple 1/25 7:00 ESPNU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total crap effort and execution! I agree with the many comments that Miller is not even coaching these guys. Nobody is improving except DDJ and he's doing that on his own. No business losing this game against another bad AAC team.

Comment

If Miller isn't going to coach up these guys he better recruit a **** of a lot better than he has so far.

Comment

This is problem with getting guys from smaller leagues, they care nothing about anything besides conference tournament to make the NCAA tournament. There's plenty of guys who he shouldn't worry about losing, madsen is too small, maw is to slow, hensley might be the worst basketball player I have ever seen. Ado thankfully is gone. He is the most useless 7ft 250lbs player I have ever laid eyes on. Cant rebound and is so slow and uncaring its pathetic. We obviously should be use to terrible reffing especially if a UC fan. I seen where newman called timeout with possession. Mikey doesn't understand sets, they get killed over and over again on highball screen. Their defense minus that is pretty good. They go with koval to make game winner, he might be a decent shooter but that's guaranteed to fail, got lucky with ball being off temple and with almost 30 seconds left they iso david and he maybe takes 5 seconds off clock. So if it does go in temple comes down with plenty of time to beat us. Just got beat by unranked freshma. Miller needs immediately to tighten reins when crazy 3 are not falling, this was more embarrassing then his call against monmouth. Too much free play. We had size advantage down low and over and over they throw no one the ball down low, instead our 7footer who just got blocked by guy half his size is put in situation to try and win game with 3 ball. Hensley is absolutely not understanding basketball. He could use some tough love and get rid of some of these guys if they dont like it. Maw leads nation in assist to turn overs but hides in last minute of game. Our only real shooter they had taking ball out in madsen. Freshman just out seniors and toughed a UC squad. I dont get Miller's thinking, have fun in nit

Comment

Listening to Miller's post game remarks things aren't going to get any better. He's way to satisfied with what he's seen when he should be outraged. If 3's don't fall we will lose every game from here out. This may be the worst rebounding team I've ever seen.

Comment

They are too soft and to out of position to rebound, everyone floats on perimeter, ado should average close to 8 rebounds a game and he drops even the ball he rebounds and actually keeps. Hensley getting time shouldnbe huge red flag. Koval has played well but when u just get the ball slammed down ur throat by a guy 1 ft smaller, u prolly shouldn't expect ur 7footer to win the game off a 3. Sad sad game management , he calls one timeout then another after he seen defense scheme and calls play that goes perfectly into what temple was doing. I dont understand why they cant throw ball to lahkin, **** even ado to do something besides shoot the 3. They are soft on offense and lost. Bring in cj angderson he might be toughest player on team. Davenport is way way to in love with the 3, after 5 or 6 misses maybe u should stop shooting so much. Miller better get 5 star talent to coincide with his offensive coaching. Just a joke of a game

Comment

I thought the biggest mistake coach made was subbing out John Newman with about 6 minutes left. Went to up 4 to behind before he got back in.

Comment

Made 2 of their last 23 shots. That’s 8.7% shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                  I thought the biggest mistake coach made was subbing out John Newman with about 6 minutes left. Went to up 4 to behind before he got back in.
                  Totally agree. Newman needed to stay in the game. He was the only one battling consistently. I hate Miller's substitution patterns. I don't know how you can ever maintain any flow. Also it doesn't matter how bad you play when you are in you'll still get your turn in the rotation. Also guys like Saunders and Lakhin are regressing. There are far too many troubling things to mention related to this game.

Comment

So is this a press conference to not throw the players (bad coaching) under the bus or after the heat of the moment processing we see a true issue?

EDIT: 10 points in 20 minutes not-withstanding.
                    Last edited by Colonel; 01-26-2022, 12:47 AM.

Comment

"Saunders and Lakhin are regressing. There are far too many troubling things to mention related to this game".

It sure looks as though this is true. But Lahkin looks completely lost now. He has no clue as to what to do. Its like CWM has nothing for him to do in this "scheme".
                      Last edited by Rufus; 01-26-2022, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gmann View Post
                        Listening to Miller's post game remarks things aren't going to get any better. He's way to satisfied with what he's seen when he should be outraged. If 3's don't fall we will lose every game from here out. This may be the worst rebounding team I've ever seen.
                        he has his big time job

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                          "Saunders and Lakhin are regressing. There are far too many troubling things to mention related to this game".

It sure looks as though this is true. But Lahkin looks completely lost now. He has no clue as to what to do. Its like CWM has nothing for him to do in this "scheme".
                          I was just going to say that. VL has little confidence and looks lost on the court. He sure isn't the same player he was at the start. MS, like his mentor, JD is out of control. Is CWM playing 12 so these players won't whine about him as many did in the past.

Comment

As Corporateballa said theres no rhyme or reason on how he's rotating players. Its not to bring in fresh legs or give guys a blow. Its blatantly obvious hes just spreading the minutes out to placate everyone. Some of those shots that JD took last night should warrant bench time and a few starts. To take a shot 10 ft beyond the arc with 18 seconds left on the time clock and only holding to a five point lead is beyond stupid. And then to imply that as a coach your alright with that shot is even more absurd.

Comment

I'm going to be negative for a second here.

Bad:

Offense
                              Effort in the 2nd half
                              Shot selection
                              Coaching
                              Substitution pattern
                              Referees
                              Camera angle
                              Arena
                              Court floor

Did I miss anything?

Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

We need to stop shooting all of those 3 pointers. Better shot selection & shots closer to the basket would be a big offensive improvement.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X