OT: Louisville

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Louisville

Looks like Chris Mack is getting fired tonight/tomorrow. They canceled his radio show tonight and the University has a presser tomorrow at 4:00 per Card Chronicle.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

If this indeed the result (if not now, surely at season's end), you'd wonder who would consider coming in after all the problems there. I guess Kenny Payne would make sense. But outside of a Louisville alum, risky move for another coach unless you want to go through extra NCAA scrutiny and possibly have some sanctions.

I could see Mack going to like a Butler if that gig were to come open, but maybe he needs to just move somewhere more off the radar. Maybe then he can bring JB with him.

Comment

Pat Forde:

Sources: men’s basketball coach Chris Mack’s future at Louisville is being discussed by school leadership and could result in a change, but nothing has been finalized as of now. Trustees and Athletics board meeting tomorrow. Mack radio show tonight canceled.

Comment

Should have happened last year!

Comment

Oh the X coaching tree is something to be proud of.

Comment

You would think in a perfect world that no one would now touch him with a ten ft. pole to coach at their school. But we all know there's too much money to be had and so some small in-significant school willing to look the other way hoping to gain some relevance and notoriety will jump with a contract offering that Chris Mack cant refuse.

Comment

From Chris Mack's other BFF, Jeff Goodman: My take: I’d be beyond shocked if Chris Mack coaches another game as the Louisville head coach.

Comment

Louisville and coach Chris Mack are in the final stages of negotiations for a separation agreement, a source with direct knowledge told The Athletic on Tuesday.

$ https://theathletic.com/news/louisvi.../bNsfy3rA9KSs/

Comment

They knew he was dirty when they hired him.

Comment

What are the actual allegations that Mack did?
                    Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Why is it that all dirty X coaches never get investigated while at X but always get caught at prime places such as losserville, tosu, Arizona? Do they bail from X before they get caught or is X free from prosecution? X always hires within and they just keep perpetuating the cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                        They knew he was dirty when they hired him.
                        You mean that's why they hired him! They and Kentucky ( and others) feel that they are owed championships and so anything they do to get "theirs" is fair and legit.
                        Last edited by Rufus; 01-25-2022, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CroninCrazy View Post
                          What are the actual allegations that Mack did?
                          It relates to the Dino Gaudio extortion case. NCAA-wise I think he violated some practice rules and maybe a recruiting rule if I remember and that's what Gaudio threatened him with. From the University's perspective, they're mad at him because he violated a whole bunch of reporting procedures concerning Gaudio and tried to keep it all quiet inside the program. That might have worked at X but UofL is a public institution and things tend to end up in the press because of public record requests.

Outside of the extortion element, Mack's situation is similar to Brannen's where there were NCAA violations. UofL is negotating a settlement rather than firing him outright because I think the violation may not raise to the level of Level I or II violations as stipulated in his contract. They owe him 3 years at 12M and I'm sure UofL would like to get that down a bit without getting sued later.

A little more here:

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ck/9217587002/
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Wes Miller already being mentioned for this job.

Comment

Mutual agreement BS in the press release. Mack got fired.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X