Defensive issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defensive issues

We've mentioned many times that the defense is subpar with this squad and that dates back to Brannen's short era.

Justin Williams just wrote an article talking about it. ($)

https://theathletic.com/3133657/2022...inconsistency/
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

I guess my question is... is there any part of this squad that is above-par ? Not trying to disparage, just looking at the roster and their play this year.... I'm not sure if I see an above-par asset

Comment

Originally posted by BorisTheCat View Post
      I guess my question is... is there any part of this squad that is above-par ? Not trying to disparage, just looking at the roster and their play this year.... I'm not sure if I see an above-par asset
      Good question. I think our best all round player might actually be Viktor Lakhin. Unfortunately he's lacking experience. The rest of our guys have significant holes in their games. I like the guys on this team despite the results on the court but the defense has to improve next season. I think we're too far along at this point to fix it this year. Hopefully the next class of incoming players will take care of some of these issues.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

If the offensive scheme remains as is then the talent coming in might be better scoring but we would still be lacking in defense and rebounding/ put backs, etc. I dont know how physical ST will be but we need some one who can develope VL and Hensley asap. I dont think we have been anyone on staff capable if doing that presently, At least its not been shown yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
          If the offensive scheme remains as is then the talent coming in might be better scoring but we would still be lacking in defense and rebounding/ put backs, etc. I dont know how physical ST will be but we need some one who can develope VL and Hensley asap. I dont think we have been anyone on staff capable if doing that presently, At least its not been shown yet.
          I always thought they should call on Kyle Washington to help in that department.

Comment

They have, he is , and apparently isn't.

Comment

I feel like Vik has a good natural feel for the game on both ends of the court. He needs to get a lot stronger, but he appears to have the highest ceiling in the program at the moment. I feel like he can become a good defensive 5 on top of a stellar offensive 5.

As for Hensley, my optimism for him has steadily decreased as the season has gone by. It's easy to salivate over his size, build, and raw athleticism but I haven't seen much else from this season that indicates he'll ever be more than a bench guy. I feel like the high major game is a little too fast for him and I'm not certain it will slow down.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X