Game 31: SMU 3/3 7:00 ESPNU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 31: SMU 3/3 7:00 ESPNU

Just looking at the surface of this, this is an important game because the outcome of this game plus the outcome of ECU and WSU on 3/5 will determine seeding for the AAC tourney. Win an we get the the 7 seed, lose and an ECU win and we get the 8th seed. Just in looking at the AAC bracket, I'd prefer to avoid the 8th because you have to play at Noon local time against the 9 which is almost certainly going to be Wichita St. That smells like a trap to me.

Anyway, SMU and UC are on opposite courses right now. We've lost 4 of our last 5. SMU has won 3 of 5 and not lost a home game all year. Despite kind of owning SMU the last few years, This is trending in the wrong direction for the Bearcats and this is the second road game in 3 days.

You have to defend Kendric Davis the best you can. He did not have a great shooting night the last time the two teams met and still ended up with 18. SMU's shooting percentage in the last matchup was about 30% from both the field and the arc. We also outrebounded them. If we can repeat those results , we may have a chance.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...tats/_/id/2567
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Okay.. I will be the first one to bring this up.... IF UC gets an NIT invite.. should they accept it ? For me, I've seen enough of this years version of Bearcats and I'm not sure what more games with the same roster accomplishes. I'm guessing I will be in the minority on this one but... its fun to start trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by BorisTheCat View Post
      Okay.. I will be the first one to bring this up.... IF UC gets an NIT invite.. should they accept it ? For me, I've seen enough of this years version of Bearcats and I'm not sure what more games with the same roster accomplishes. I'm guessing I will be in the minority on this one but... its fun to start trouble.
      I think you absolutely accept. Problem is, barring some kind of miracle, we aren't getting a sniff of that either.
      Cory Huffman
      Cin City

Comment

You absolutely accept, as it gives you a head start on next year.

Comment

Yes, you do. Now the CBI is another matter. You have pay them to host a game unless things have changed. I think you turn that one down.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I do not think UC will get an NIT invite. It's usually reserved for the top teams that just missed the Tournament plus conference champions who didn't win their conference tournaments. UC isn't in the bubble picture, so they seem likely out of the conversation. But heck yes you'd play in the NIT if you could.

Speaking of the NIT, SMU is right around the cut line for the NCAA Tournament as it stands -- first four out or last four in. A loss to UC would likely end SMU's at-large hopes.

I would appreciate a 7 seed in the AAC because it would get you away from the #1 Houston. If you wanted to dream of a miracle run to the finals like last year.

Comment

As much as we have been dismayed at the product thus far this season, having installed a new offense for the majority of the players, repetition would be our friend at this point. Familiarity going into next season would only help. So yes if we get an invite you play.

Comment

John Schriffen and Tim Welsh on the call

Comment

Just as apoint of reference we are currently 99 in the NET and 103 in Kenpom. I don't think we're headed for the NIT.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I know people aren't excited, but there is a game in 5 minutes. Bumping this thread.

Comment

It is sad when you can't be one of the 98 teams in post season.

Comment

Was that Tari Eason I saw walking off the court disappointed.

Comment

air ball by the shooter

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                            Just looking at the surface of this, this is an important game because the outcome of this game plus the outcome of ECU and WSU on 3/5 will determine seeding for the AAC tourney. Win an we get the the 7 seed, lose and an ECU win and we get the 8th seed. Just in looking at the AAC bracket, I'd prefer to avoid the 8th because you have to play at Noon local time against the 9 which is almost certainly going to be Wichita St. That smells like a trap to me.

Anyway, SMU and UC are on opposite courses right now. We've lost 4 of our last 5. SMU has won 3 of 5 and not lost a home game all year. Despite kind of owning SMU the last few years, This is trending in the wrong direction for the Bearcats and this is the second road game in 3 days.

You have to defend Kendric Davis the best you can. He did not have a great shooting night the last time the two teams met and still ended up with 18. SMU's shooting percentage in the last matchup was about 30% from both the field and the arc. We also outrebounded them. If we can repeat those results , we may have a chance.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...tats/_/id/2567
                            is ecu only gonna play 17 conference games?

Comment

2 offensive rebounds yes and a steal. JD can do something besides long 3s

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X