No announcement yet.

2022-23 Schedule

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think there’s something to this strategy. Schedule teams you should beat but ones that won’t kill the schedule strength metric. I’m guessing the non conference portion of the schedule will get progressively stronger as we move into the Big 12 just out of necessity.

I’d rather play this current lineup and blow a game to a decent mid major than play MEAC and SWAC teams that don’t really prepare us for anything. Mick Cronin used to schedule easy Ws because we were always in the hunt for a bid based on winning percentage. Then he’d wonder why we were under seeded and sent out west when half the non con was sub 250 in NET.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

ROTHSTEIN -- Source: The American Athletic Conference will release its conference schedule for the 2022-23 season next week.

Comment

And here it is :

https://gobearcats.com/news/2022/9/2...s-updated.aspx
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

(sorry for the duplicate, Lobot beat me to it)
          FULL SCHEDULE released
          https://gobearcats.com/news/2022/9/2...s-updated.aspx

CBS: at Houston
          ESPN: Houston, at Memphis
          ESPN2: Arizona (Maui), Xavier, Memphis
          ESPN 2 or ESPNU: Tulane, at Temple, at Wichita State, East Carolina, at SMU, UCF, Temple
          ESPNU: at UCF
          ESPN+ : Chaminade, Cleveland State, EKU, NJIT, Bryant, Miami U, La Salle, Detroit, at USF, Tulsa, at Tulane, USF, at East Carolina, SMU
          TBD: at NKU, second and third Maui games

- Thursday, 11/10 game versus Cleveland State is at, umm, 12:00 p.m. ET
          - Three 9:00 p.m. conference games -- two at home (Tulane in late December, ECU in January) and also at Wichita State the first week of January
          - Senior day/final AAC game = SMU at 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, March 5
          - 8 days between last OOC game and AAC opener (Tulane on December 29 -- cringing thinking back to last year's Tulane game around the same time)
          - 4 Saturday home games (one being Xavier), 5 Sunday home games

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FdNFexdW...jpg&name=small
          Last edited by GoBearcats31; 09-21-2022, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Some weird start times going on here but other than that my only issue is which Chaminade is this? The one in Hawaii? Seems weird to play them at home when we’re going down there anyway.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
              Some weird start times going on here but other than that my only issue is which Chaminade is this? The one in Hawaii? Seems weird to play them at home when we’re going down there anyway.
              Yes, it is Chaminade out of Honolulu. The Silverswords play three times on a trip to this area, starting at tO$U, then at UofL, then at UC. Their schedule shows all three as exhibitions.

Comment

Justin Williams:

Time change to #Bearcats MBB non-conference schedule, sources tell @TheAthleticCBB:

-The home game vs Cleveland St. on Thur, Nov. 10 will now tip at 8 pm. (Was originally slated for 12 pm.)
                -It's a double-header with Cincinnati WBB, whose home-opener vs Tenn Tech tips at 5 pm.

Comment

Horizon League preseason poll:
                  - NKU tied for #1 (but had less first place votes than IPFW)
                  - Detroit #5
                  - Cleveland State #7

Another UC opponent, La Salle, I believe was picked second-to-last in the preseason A-10 poll

Comment

And X is preseason favorite in the Big East.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                      And X is preseason favorite in the Big East.
                      Second behind Creighton

Comment

America East preseason poll (9 teams):
                        Bryant #2
                        NJIT #8

Comment

UC's first Maui opponent -- Arizona -- was picked #2 in the preseason Pac-12 poll

Miami U, who UC plays in December, is second-to-last in the preseason MAC poll

Comment

UC announced promotions / game themes https://gobearcats.com/news/2022/11/...announced.aspx

Looks like they'll wear throw backs (70s) versus Memphis again; RED uniforms for Xavier and SMU; so on and so forth.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X