Hensley is a hustler - much needed

Comment

Why is ODY in I realize Vik needed a breath but -- Vik is in

Comment

VIK is becoming quite the baller and the team sees it

Comment

I prefer Nolley in instead of Saunders and Madsen- oh yeah

Comment

VIK is hustling -- so good to see after the last few year's big play

Comment

VIK steals the ball

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                Miller needs to give Kalu enough time to get into the rythym of the game.
                yeah, he's the biggest disappointment in the young season for me of the new guys, but maybe it'll come with time

Comment

2-0 and the chance to go 3-0 -- NKU -- will need to pick it up.

Comment

time for this old man to go to bed - hour past my bed time

Comment

Don't feel badly about the final score. ND beat Radford at home by 3 (79-76) but Radford had a 1-point lead with 9 seconds to go.

Comment

After thinking about the game, I realize it is early, but the offense lacks teamwork. There was not much helping as far as screens and cuts. That has to be worked out and hopefully some more game action and practice correction will help. Once again it was good to see VIK VIK VIK play well. I have always liked UC bigs.

Comment

Observations:
                          Hensley is a really nice player, gonna be a factor before he's done.
                          Davenport drives me crazy. Terrible shot selection and can't guard anybody. If he hasn't gotten it by now he never will.
                          Ody and JNew are both great kids but their minutes are going to go down. We need more from them than athleticism and motor.
                          Not seeing much Phinesee contribution other than some ball pressure when we are in man defense.
                          We MUST press to generate some pace and easy shots. Our half court offense needs lots of work otherwise.
                          MAW does lots of nice things but he must make some open 3's to really be effective.
                          Skillings is a freshman and therefore is gonna be very up and down. His good nights will be real good but expect inconsistency.
                          If Vik stays out of foul trouble when we hit the road and see different officiating, he is a big strong fella.
                          Kalu is a little lost. I see ability and we need him to figure it out sooner than later.
                          DD is a stud and the glue. If we can consistently give him some help so he doesn't have to carry too much load, he will have a great season.
                          Nolley shows flashes and is also looking for role clarification. We need him to be be more selective and patient and not in such a rush to carry the team. Great offensive skill set.
                          Our half court defense isn't great at this point and must improve because the press doesn't work every possession except to get them deeper in the clock.

This team has very nice potential but a lot still needs to come together. Remember we started 5-0 last year and thought we were much better than we turned out to be. Wes's intensity is way up and he is being much more demanding. I like what I am seeing. Lets go Bearcats!

By the way, how was everyones TV reception? Mine was fine again. I turned down the TV volume and just listed to Leo. His play by play was better.

Comment

Hensley is a stiff...he is a good mid-major player and will be exposed. Sadly, he is slightly better than kalu, ody and surprisingly Newman at this point. Our interior defense is atrocious. When Vik gets into foul trouble we will be hurting and taken advantage of inside. JD is JD...he needs to see his shots go in. They have a lot more starting 5 (+1 or 2) talent. they should be a tourney team.

Comment

Originally posted by hipal88 View Post
                              Hensley is a stiff...he is a good mid-major player and will be exposed. Sadly, he is slightly better than kalu, ody and surprisingly Newman at this point. Our interior defense is atrocious. When Vik gets into foul trouble we will be hurting and taken advantage of inside. JD is JD...he needs to see his shots go in. They have a lot more starting 5 (+1 or 2) talent. they should be a tourney team.

I do not think Hensley is a STIFF... I think he's young, and has a lot more upside than Davenport... Much better rebounder and scorer in the paint.. I'm hoping by January he takes minutes away from Davenport, and progresses in the starting rotation by next year.

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

I do not think Hensley is a STIFF... I think he's young, and has a lot more upside than Davenport... Much better rebounder and scorer in the paint.. I'm hoping by January he takes minutes away from Davenport, and progresses in the starting rotation by next year.
                                Exactly..totally agree and we would be a better team if that happens.
                                We have got to get past this mid major tab just because some of these guys transferred from those types of schools. Be objective and watch his mobility and instincts and effort. If we had signed him out of high school we would be raving about his future. Hes got this year plus 2 more and has made huge strides. I would like to have 2 or 3 more just like him.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X