No announcement yet.

Eastern Kentucky 11/13 12:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got to give CWM some credit here. Under previous coaches we lost some games like this, but CWM regrouped this team and they finished strong. Still a good thing they were challenged in the 2nd half.

Comment

Newman will be out “some time” but doesn’t sound season-ending. Still doesn’t sound good.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
        Newman will be out “some time” but doesn’t sound season-ending. Still doesn’t sound good.
        If I’m not mistaken, this is his 5th year. Is there a scenario where he misses so much he sits out the whole season to come back next year? Do we have roster space?

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

If I’m not mistaken, this is his 5th year. Is there a scenario where he misses so much he sits out the whole season to come back next year? Do we have roster space?
          Unlike football, in basketball, as soon as a player sees floor time even once, he has used up a year. However, it might be possible for him to receive a medical hardship.

Comment

Hensley has a high BB IQ as he anticipates where the ball is and he has a quick reaction to it. I realize he will be playing higher competition, but I look for good play is coming. It has been a while since we have seen this style.

Comment

Was at the game yesterday, just a few observations:

MAW & Davenport: Nothing changes with them, both play fairly well against lesser competition... Davenport will hit 3s with little to no defense in his face.

Hensley: Continues to get better, especially rebounding the ball and his play inside the paint. He's already a better scorer & rebounder than Davenport in the paint with less minutes.

Lahkin: Viktor is going to have problems with silly fouls... If Viktor can't stay outta foul trouble, it's a long season.

Nolley & Dejulius: Both played well, both can score at will so far against lesser teams.. Will be interesting once we get to Maui to see if both can lead this team.

Ezipke: Still too early to tell... His size is needed, will know more Maui if he can paly.

Skillings: Was not a factor yesterday when he was on the court... Hurt the top of his foot early in the 2nd Half.

Phinisee: Not much difference between Phinisee & MAW pushing the ball up the court... MAW is a better scorer...

Oguama: Rec'd more minutes since Viktor was in foul trouble the whole game... Decent Rebounding and defense in the paint... Not a scoring threat.

Tolentino: Not dressed again, I would say he'll definitely be redshirted.. He was a project to begin with.

Reed: Was dressed, not sure why he's not getting any playing time.

Newman: Sorry he's hurt, but it's probably helping the other guys like Hensley etc... getting much needed playing time.

With (2) minutes left in the 1st half, we were up 20pts... We did not score again going off memory.. EKU came out in the 2nd Half and cut the lead in half within the first 5mins... Lahkin had his 3rd foul in the first 2mins which did not help...

It's really too early, but if we lose focus against EKU, how are we gonna play in Maui?

I know a few on here are not high on Hensley, But? I really believe he'll be a factor later in the year.

Comment

Is it me or are there no highlights available on Youtube for any of these games?
                Josh Rexhausen
                CE'99

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Rexhausen View Post
                  Is it me or are there no highlights available on Youtube for any of these games?
                  Unfortunately, seems to be correct

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
                    Was at the game yesterday, just a few observations:

MAW & Davenport: Nothing changes with them, both play fairly well against lesser competition... Davenport will hit 3s with little to no defense in his face.

Hensley: Continues to get better, especially rebounding the ball and his play inside the paint. He's already a better scorer & rebounder than Davenport in the paint with less minutes.

Lahkin: Viktor is going to have problems with silly fouls... If Viktor can't stay outta foul trouble, it's a long season.

Nolley & Dejulius: Both played well, both can score at will so far against lesser teams.. Will be interesting once we get to Maui to see if both can lead this team.

Ezipke: Still too early to tell... His size is needed, will know more Maui if he can paly.

Skillings: Was not a factor yesterday when he was on the court... Hurt the top of his foot early in the 2nd Half.

Phinisee: Not much difference between Phinisee & MAW pushing the ball up the court... MAW is a better scorer...

Oguama: Rec'd more minutes since Viktor was in foul trouble the whole game... Decent Rebounding and defense in the paint... Not a scoring threat.

Tolentino: Not dressed again, I would say he'll definitely be redshirted.. He was a project to begin with.

Reed: Was dressed, not sure why he's not getting any playing time.

Newman: Sorry he's hurt, but it's probably helping the other guys like Hensley etc... getting much needed playing time.

With (2) minutes left in the 1st half, we were up 20pts... We did not score again going off memory.. EKU came out in the 2nd Half and cut the lead in half within the first 5mins... Lahkin had his 3rd foul in the first 2mins which did not help...

It's really too early, but if we lose focus against EKU, how are we gonna play in Maui?

I know a few on here are not high on Hensley, But? I really believe he'll be a factor later in the year.
                    Tolentino is redshirting. Reed likely will as well, although no final decision has been made, per Chad Brendel.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Unfortunately, seems to be correct
                      It’s not just YouTube. Highlights aren’t posted anywhere. ESPN and the GoBearcats app don’t have them either. Must have something to do with the ESPN+ production and streaming rights
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

It’s not just YouTube. Highlights aren’t posted anywhere. ESPN and the GoBearcats app don’t have them either. Must have something to do with the ESPN+ production and streaming rights

Yes, you can watch the game on ESPN+ Rewind... Watching it now on tv...

Comment

EKU sinks a half court shot at the buzzer to beat Georgia State
                          https://twitter.com/marchmadnessmbb/...icDbg5WpZSKPaQ

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X