La Salle 12/17 2:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Salle 12/17 2:00 ESPN+

La Salle (5-5) is led by sophomore guard Khalil Brantley and senior guard Josh Nickleberry (who played his first two years for Chris Mack at UL)

UC is a 13-point favorite versus the Explorers.

https://gobearcats.com/news/2022/12/...y-matinee.aspx
    YES - I just remembered this before I clicked on the article (the snowstorm part, not the Chadd Moore part) -- "The teams' last meeting came on Dec. 22, 2004, with UC winning 84-63 behind Chadd Moore's 10-point, 10-assist double-double amidst a snowstorm that limited the crowd to 2,000. Five other Bearcats scored in double-figures as well."

Coach = 2x AAC coach of the year Fran Dunphy
    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 12-16-2022, 06:27 PM.

Let's see if Cincinnati can bring some defense to the party on Saturday. Let's see if UC can hold La Salle at 60 points or below. Miller says he is a defense first coach. I have learned over time that you cannot trust what people say. You have to watch what they do. As much as I hate to say this, this UC team is NOT a defensive team. This UC team is a SCORING team. At this point, it really is about the win. So, whatever they do to get the win is cool with me. La Salle is about as bad a defensive team as UC. They give up 70 points a game (same as UC). However, La Salle scores only 68 points a game. Unless UC does not show up tomorrow, they should get the win. Hopefully, UC plays some strong defense. They are going to need all of the defense that they can play once the conference season starts. Let's see if UC can hold La Salle to 60 points or less. Here is hoping.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
      La Salle (5-5) is led by sophomore guard Khalil Brantley and senior guard Josh Nickleberry (who played his first two years for Chris Mack at UL)

UC is a 13-point favorite versus the Explorers.

https://gobearcats.com/news/2022/12/...y-matinee.aspx
      YES - I just remembered this before I clicked on the article (the snowstorm part, not the Chadd Moore part) -- "The teams' last meeting came on Dec. 22, 2004, with UC winning 84-63 behind Chadd Moore's 10-point, 10-assist double-double amidst a snowstorm that limited the crowd to 2,000. Five other Bearcats scored in double-figures as well."

Coach = 2x AAC coach of the year Fran Dunphy
      I was one of the few stragglers who bothered to fight the storm to attend the 2004 game with LaSalle. There were nowhere close to 2,000 butts in seats. I estimated at the time that there were somewhere in the range of 150-200 attendees. I had been to women's games that drew more. The PA announcer invited all who had upper deck seats to come down to the lower sidelines.

Comment

“Update for fans attending this afternoon's game vs. La Salle:

Due to an issue in our concessions kitchen, pizza will not be available at today’s game. We apologize for the inconvenience.”

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
          “Update for fans attending this afternoon's game vs. La Salle:

Due to an issue in our concessions kitchen, pizza will not be available at today’s game. We apologize for the inconvenience.”
          what no pepperoni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

now let's watch a team that will put out some effort.

Comment

I think MAW must lead the country in dribbles per possession and DD is second. When they do, the rest just stand and watch. We better recruit great individual effort players if we plan to be successful long term. Way to much street ball to get shots rather than team concept. We MUST have a good shooting night in order to win as we cannot rely on our scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
                I think MAW must lead the country in dribbles per possession and DD is second. When they do, the rest just stand and watch. We better recruit great individual effort players if we plan to be successful long term. Way to much street ball to get shots rather than team concept. We MUST have a good shooting night in order to win as we cannot rely on our scheme.
                Man, DDJ has given his soul to this program. I’m damn grateful that we have him.

Comment

Well, UC did hold LaSalle to 60 points. Cincinnati Rolls to 78-60 Win Over La Salle - University of Cincinnati Athletics (gobearcats.com)

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X