No announcement yet.

East Carolina 1/11 9:00 ESPNU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually this was one of his better games. From the tip off until the first tv timeout this team looked in sync unselfish, passing the ball around to obtain the open shot, etc. Then after that until the next timeout things started regressing. The mystery to me is why can't they sustain that intensity the whole game every game. There were times last night when they looked same ol same ol. But for the majority of the game they looked pretty fluid. So I don't understand how someone can come away from a game this late in the season scoring just 5-6 pts. w/ 1-2 rebounds one game and then 21 & 7 respectively the next game. We have three primary scorers on this team that seem to disappear in entire games and the fourth we have to suppress going rogue, which was done last night I will say. I don't remember one totally ill advised shot although there were two that he should have passed on. My point is this late in the season the chemistry, the roles on the team, how to play together should all be defined at this juncture. We almost ended the game last night with a 30 pt. differential. If we played Houston like we did ECU last night instead of having seventeen to's we could have given them a much better game. Hensely didn't make an appearance last night but Kalu did see a few minutes which I am also wondering when the injured are due back.

Comment

They are collectively passing the ball much better and I think it started with Nolley. DD with 10 assists !!!! Can't remember last time we had a guy with 10 but DD with more assists and a few less shots makes us a better team.

Comment

I saw a lot of positives last night on offense and effort on defense. It helps immensely too that the 3's were falling early. I am interested in seeing what carries over to the game against SMU on Saturday. If they regress like we've seen so often on the road we are right back where we started.

Comment

Overall good game. Liked the passing. The defense of the two frosh was not very good and CWM lectured Skillings for lack of hustle and smarts. Kalu was also off. I wish the big frosh would have gotten some time, but I expect CWM is waiting for practice improvement. I just hope they fall in love with passing as much as the still quick 3s which they did last night.

Comment

Some stats through 18 games:
            - Landers Nolley: 15.0 points, 4.8 rebounds, 2.3 assists (44.2% from 3, 82.9% FT)
            - David DeJulius: 14.7 points, 2.0 rebounds, 3.9 assists (38.8% from 3, 78.9% FT)
            - Viktor Lakhin: 12.8 points, 7.6 rebounds, 1.0 block (55.8% FT)
            - Mika Adams-Woods: 10.1 points, 2.9 rebounds, 3.4 assists (38.7% from 3, 90.3% FT)
            - Jeremiah Davenport: 10.1 points, 3.7 rebounds, 1.9 assists (32.2% from 3, 84.8% FT)

Other numbers:
            - Skillings: 4.7 and 3.9 but low shooting #s, including 7/36 from 3
            - Reed is 10/18 from 3
            - Team is 69.3% from FT, up from 66.9% last year (but still not good)
            - Team is 36.6% from 3, up from 31.5% last year
            Last edited by GoBearcats31; 01-12-2023, 10:25 AM.

Comment

That's the first point and assists double double since Troy Caupain. I'd be surprised that Lakhin didn't get a double double but most of our shots went in so no offensive rebounds from him last night.

Here's the box. it doesn't show here but we were shooting 71% from 3 at the half.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId/401492696
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X