Injured players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injured players

I searched forum for info/updates on when/if Newman, Rob Phinisee, and Hensley might return. I couldn't find info. Are there any updates, or can we use this thread when updates become available?
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
    I searched forum for info/updates on when/if Newman, Rob Phinisee, and Hensley might return. I couldn't find info. Are there any updates, or can we use this thread when updates become available?
    I was wondering about this on 2 fronts. First, is either player expected back this year? Second and related, could they redshirt and come back next year if it is unlikely that they will be back this year.

Comment

Based on this at the 3:00 mark , I'd say Phinesee might make it back but he's currently not doing anything full speed. Newman sounds like he done for the season based on this. No timetable on either of them. Not sure what's up with Hensley other than he's down the depth chart?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYcNPk6kENg
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

As for eligibility, it is my understanding that if a player plays in any game, his redshirt is over. I do not know how that relates to an injury hardship.

Comment

I do not believe that is true, my google search found the following:

According to the Senior Associate Athletic Director for Compliance, Scott Young,
          “the NCAA has two requirements for a medical redshirt;
          the injury must have occurred in the first half of the season, and
          the athlete must have competed in less than 30 percent of the season

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X